CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I have been considering a Tiger Shark purchase. I do mostly land hunt (might do some fresh water hunting also in future) but am needing a new machine for occasional salt water beach/surf hunting. Can anyone detail how this mode has worked out for them? What coil options should I pursue and why? I am leaning towards the eight inch. Also anyone able to reveal likes and dislikes on this machine? :icon_scratch:

Thanks in advance,
CARM

I own a Tiger Shark and it is one great freshwater machine. As far as salt mode I would not expect a lot because my understanding is all that it does is reduce sensitivity. On land the Tiger Shark is not a great detector. The disc. setting will not disc out much and you will be digging a lot of trash. It was made for freshwater and that is where it really shines.

I have used the Tiger Shark in fresh water and saltwater. Not all saltwater beaches have the same salt concentrations with black sand as others. Some beaches I could use them and others it was worthless. Get an Excal for the wet salt water sand or the water. A Sov GT also is hot on the wet sand. You could use a CZ-21 or Beach Hunter ID also as these use two frequencies and aren't affected by the salt. Pulse detectors also work well but lack any disc regardless what the box says. Tesoro water detectors now only come hardwired so you can't change coils. There are the 8" and the 10" and if you have an older Tiger Shark you can use the Clean Sweep Coil, (3"X18")Which is hot for 18".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back