"4 more inches of depth" is quite a lot df, that would be a gain of about 50%. I'm wondering if there was some kind of a problem with your old 1265x. I know that the Cibola is a nice little detector, an excellent coin machine, but it is not (normally) known to be a depth demon, and not quite as close to the depth of the Vaquero, or 1265, and especially the 1266 Fishers, especially in higher iron soils. I'm not challenging you df, I just have an "as would be expected" question about your statement, or did I read it incorrectly? It surprises me that it would get roughly 1.5x the depth of a well-known at least somewhat deeper machine that is so coveted that it's almost impossible to find one for sale anywhere. I know that the new Bisstools are close clones of the 1265 and 1266 Fishers, with just enough modification to avoid lawsuits, copyright infringements, and additional mods and toys so as to increase depth a bit. My first guess is that someone did a mod job on your Cibola. My 2nd guess is that your Fisher needed some work. I would like to know (if) any modifications were done, and (how) they were done. I could modify one and get another 2" air depth, but I'm not sure I could get any more than that without rendering it useless. Thanks
Check this out. Note* The 1266 and the 1265 are almost the same detector, both beasts for depth in all inland soils, although as is normal for that site, there are "fish stories" to the max:
metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/185-1-fisher1266X.html
Larry