What's new

Texas??

birdman

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
7,467
Reaction score
2,418
Golden Thread
1
Location
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I purchased a collection from an elderly friend of mine. His kids don't want any of it and his wife is not well so he asked if I would like any of his stuff.
Amongst about 45 or so military buttons(1812-WW2) there is this star. He said it's the middle of a CW Texas belt plate but it was dug in New York..
Any buddy seen one before? 20210304_195938.webp
 
Last edited:
Here's the back20210304_200625.webp
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a tongue from a 2 piece buckle?
 
Upvote 0
It could be the tongue from a tongue and wreath buckle used by Mississippi or Texas as both states used the same star.
 
Upvote 0
Could also be a horse rosette.
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking rosette maybe
 
Upvote 0
Nice pickup birdman
 
Upvote 0
After taking a closer look it does not resemble any of the tongue and wreath buckles in my reference book. Can you give us a measurement of its diameter?
 
Upvote 0
After taking a closer look it does not resemble any of the tongue and wreath buckles in my reference book. Can you give us a measurement of its diameter?

20210305_223107.webpLooks like 1 and 3/4 inch
 
Upvote 0
It is too large to be the disc from the tongue of a 2-piece "tongue-&-wreath" buckle. If I recall correctly, I've seen it before, and it is from something-or-other kinda-sorta like a post-civil-war US army or northern-state militia Shako Hat... but I can't for the life of me remember which one, nor where I saw it. But, definitely post-civil-war. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
 
Upvote 0
It was dug at Sackets Harbor New York so it's a long way from home if it's Texas but could be a bring back
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom