Thames Treasure Hunters, Nat Geo special airs Feb 22, 9 pm in the U.K.

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A show I filmed with Nat Geo last spring is airing tomorrow night at 9 pm in the UK on Nat Geo HD
and should air on March 20th here in the US. The Show is:Thames Treasure Hunters, Lucky Muckers
This is not a reality show but one week filming on the Thames river with the Mudlarks a group of detectorists and diggers who hunt the shore of the river when the tide goes out. I was the first American filmed working with them.
The mudlarks report all finds to the museum of london. Increasing the historical knowledge of London.
Nat Geo did a great job of telling the story of some of our finds. Please check it out and let me and Nat Geo know what you think, so I can do more of these shows.

Attachments

• LuckyMuckers_14.jpg
    LuckyMuckers_14.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 343

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching it now and I love it. I'm glad they chose you as our ambassador as you portrayed us properly and your passion really shined. :icon_thumright:

The show was very informative and I'm so glad it wasn't about the value of the finds but the history. Walking the Thames is like walking the rivers and creeks here in Virginia.....multiplied by a million :tongue3:

I really loved the shoe and the toys.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, am watching it too right now, I am so very impressed, you have made us hunters so proud, like others have said, its not what $$ you can get for what you find, its the history that goes with it. The first thing I thought of when your show started was, oh thank God, it wasn't a reality show. I enjoyed every minute of it.. I kept saying to my hubby who loved it too, I said omg, I know Ron, hes on two of the forums I read..

I hope you get to do many more shows and I look foward to your next trip to the thames with the mud larks.. I just loved it..

YOU HAVE MADE US ALL SO VERY PROUD.

Rae
ps I watch all your you tube videos too...absolutely excellent.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Enjoyed the show! I'd love to hunt the Thames! Nice to see the history and also that you didn't find LOTS of VALUABLE stuff on the river...the reality of treasure hunting!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah ? With everything going on here, I Missed this Thread.

Any idea when the show will me Repeated ?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked your show way better than the other two... you did a good job... there is so much more to metal detecting than the $$$ the other shows are boasting... keep doing it from a history aspect and you won't go wrong.

Chukers

P.S. When I saw you on TV I said I know that guy from somewhere... maybe another video on youtube or something.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I echo what everyone else has said. Well done! You were very professional and didn't make us all look like crazy, silly folks! Loved the emphasis on recovering history and your efforts to return rings whenever you can. Hope they will do more on your trips to England. I would love to see more like this one!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I echo what everyone else has said. Well done! You were very professional and didn't make us all look like crazy, silly folks! Loved the emphasis on recovering history and your efforts to return rings whenever you can. Hope they will do more on your trips to England. I would love to see more like this one!

now lets do one in the USA!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Job Ron. Watched the show yesterday and really enjoyed it. As already stated it was much better then any of the other recent attempts to portray our hobby. Even with all the restrictions I would love to give that a go one day.

I found this permit request online and thought others might like to see it... http://www.pla.co.uk/pdfs/pe/Fm920.pdf

Again nice job...I have a friend that did one of these types of one off shows for N.G. on metal detecting that airs in September.

Hopefully when you go back they do a follow up program.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread