Thank you craigslist . . . Garrett GTP1350 . . . poor guy . . . yay me!!

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 & Garrett Ace 250
I am pumped up now!! I was searching the local craigslist ads this morning. As usual I type in "metal detector" in the search field to see what comes up. I noticed an ad for a yard sale not too far from me and it listed "metal detector" as one of the items available. Since it did not have the brand listed I honestly expected a Radio Shack special but figured it was close and I had a few minutes to kill. So I hop in the truck and type the address in my GPS. 20 minutes later I pulled in the driveway. No one was outside and there was one little table with some dishes set on it. After no one came out of the house when I pulled up I started to leave but I saw some older looking bottles on the ground in front of the table. So I get out and start looking at the bottles. There was a neat old brown glass Clorox bottle and a glass Evian bottle. I heard someone moving around inside so I did the ole "hellooo". A nice guy walked out and said good morning. I asked him if he still had the metal detector listed in his craigslist ad. He walked inside and came out carrying a Garrett GTP1350 detector and handed it to me. The first thing I noticed was this thing looked new . . . I mean almost brand new! I turned it on and gave a few test swings over my wedding band to make sure it was working. After it chimed a few times I asked how much he wanted. He told me $100!! So I looked at it a few minutes and finally asked him if he would take $80. He said yes!! So I handed him the $80 and he went inside and got the tape and a set of brand new Eagle brand headphones!!!! On top of that he gave me the old Clorox bottle and Evian bottle with it! When I got home I looked up the detector on Kellyco and the sale price right now is $595.00!!!!! WOW . . . finally I get a great deal! I am usually in awe of others finding these deals. Now it looks like me boys will be inheriting my Ace 250 which will make them happy as well!!

On a side note I felt bad for the guy. He said he was moving to Mexico to "get away". He told me in the last 3 months his mother, aunt and father passed away. He said he was just selling everything and moving to Mexico because he liked it down there. I sincerely hope this guy can find some peace there. I know death of a loved one is a tough thing to deal with. So as I was driving back I said a prayer for the guy and asked God to bless him and give him peace. Very sad story. So while I am ecstatic about the deal I got on this detector . . . I feel bad for what the guy is going through.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly got one heck of a deal... I do understand and also feel bad for the poor guy.. sad.. was he from mexico too

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal and helped the guy out to. :wink:

OP
OP
Foose

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 & Garrett Ace 250
I know I'm really late updating my own post . . . however . . . I'm a little slow :tongue3:

Here are some pics I took of the detector. Notice how clean the coil is!!

Attachments

• gtp.jpg
    gtp.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,712
  • gtp2.jpg
    gtp2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 4,690
  • gtp3.jpg
    gtp3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,592

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Great Find!!!
Hope the guy is finding some happyness.
Joe

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Great score. Don't sweat it. $80 will get him a few jugs in Mexico to drown his sorrows. Now if he took the 1350 down there to the beaches he might find some great stuff...LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread