What's new

Thankful.

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the past several days it's been warm enough here to melt a lot of the 10" of snow that ended our artifact hunting a couple weeks ago. I went out late this afternoon for about an hour and was already thankful for the great day and a chance to get out. Then thankful for finding the blade and the I spotted the point under the edge of some melting snow. Thankful? Yeah, even before I cleaned it off.


The little chert point, very heavily patinated scraper, broken bone flaker and other brokes I found last Saturday.

I am truly thankful to still be able to find things like this. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-11-21_15-53-59_552-1.webp
    2012-11-21_15-53-59_552-1.webp
    333.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 2012-11-21_15-54-21_794-1.webp
    2012-11-21_15-54-21_794-1.webp
    177.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 2012-11-21_15-55-12_907-1.webp
    2012-11-21_15-55-12_907-1.webp
    206.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 2012-11-21_15-56-04_360-1.webp
    2012-11-21_15-56-04_360-1.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 2012-11-21_19-25-05_937-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-25-05_937-1.webp
    219.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 2012-11-21_19-25-37_776-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-25-37_776-1.webp
    216.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 2012-11-21_19-05-54_82-1-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-05-54_82-1-1.webp
    108.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 2012-11-21_19-06-45_426-1-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-06-45_426-1-1.webp
    129.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 2012-11-21_19-06-18_680-1-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-06-18_680-1-1.webp
    116.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2012-11-21_19-07-11_43-1-1-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-07-11_43-1-1-1.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 2012-11-21_19-08-02_195-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-08-02_195-1.webp
    216.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 2012-11-21_19-08-19_978-1.webp
    2012-11-21_19-08-19_978-1.webp
    231.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, Nice finds! :thumbsup: Pretty! That agate piece looks like they reworked it into a tool? Also nice flake knife.
 
Nice! I'm glad you had a chance to get out. I hate cabin fever. Really nice scraper/blade. Happy thanksgiving !
 
Good for you guys, hope the snow continues to melt...Nice finds and that heavily patinated scraper is pretty cool,it's amazing what age and some sun can do to stone.

Thankful for the friends I've made here I haven't even met yet.
 
Good for you guys, hope the snow continues to melt...Nice finds and that heavily patinated scraper is pretty cool,it's amazing what age and some sun can do to stone.

Thankful for the friends I've made here I haven't even met yet.

Thanks, I think yesterday may have been the last of hunting again for awhile. The weather forecast for here is saying it's going to get cold. No more melting.
I actually think that patinated piece is the most interesting of bunch because the patination completely covers it. It's patinated on the broken end, where it's chipped and flaked. I don't know how long the patination process takes but I'm thinking this is a very eary piece.

I am also thankful for my tnet American Indian Artifacts friends. I've learned much from this forum.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom