Thanks Wayne love the T handle Sampson

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to make a sling to carry it; I walk and need a cane so a sling would work the best. Anyone have any suggestions?

I did a little swinging yesterday, nothing great but I still had fun.
They make a holder for it that goes on your belt. I don't know how well it would do? Seems like it might let the "shovel head" hit your leg though?

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a holder for it that goes on your belt. I don't know how well it would do? Seems like it might let the "shovel head" hit your leg though?

I saw it and i would prefer a sling. When I get home I'll hit the gun shop to see what I can make.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use mine every chance I get!:thumbsup: Makes the O'l hand trowel feel like your using a Popsicle stick!:laughing7: Cuts nicer,and cleaner plugs too!

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does, it cuts beautiful plugs in the lawn, nice and clean.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant say it enough & everyone should get a bomb now im sounding like a broken récord but if ur gonna spend the money on good tools for the trade go all out

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered an Outdoor Connection Universal Elite Sling, Brownwood Camo $10.52 plus shipping (no swivels required). I know the one end will slide over the handle and the other can attach to the handle if need be which will allow me to carry it over my shoulder. Honestly, this thing makes a beautiful clean plug, you can't see where it was dug once you flip it back into the hole. And for me I can step on the shovel three times before I get down on the ground to flip it over. Get one if you don't already own one; they are great.

Funny story; my neighbor saw me out in the yard the other day and he came down to ask what I was doing, I told him trying out the new shovel and I was going to check out an old hand dug well which is hidden in the woods near my house. Now he and his son were cutting trees and he was going to bail on his son to go with me. I assured him I could wait until Friday to check out the well, which made him happy. It wasn't long he was back down the yard following me around to see what we could find. LOL! metal detecting is addicting and he caught the bug. I will detect his grandfather's farm, which has to be 150 years "Plus" old or there about. But remember they had nothing back then so I am not expecting to find anything except nails from where the house stood but who knows. I had to teach him how to use my cell phone just in case I need him to dial 911 while the two old guys are out walking around. LOL! He is in his mid seventies... the blind leading the blind.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered an Outdoor Connection Universal Elite Sling, Brownwood Camo $10.52 plus shipping (no swivels required). I know the one end will slide over the handle and the other can attach to the handle if need be which will allow me to carry it over my shoulder. Honestly, this thing makes a beautiful clean plug, you can't see where it was dug once you flip it back into the hole. And for me I can step on the shovel three times before I get down on the ground to flip it over. Get one if you don't already own one; they are great.

Funny story; my neighbor saw me out in the yard the other day and he came down to ask what I was doing, I told him trying out the new shovel and I was going to check out an old hand dug well which is hidden in the woods near my house. Now he and his son were cutting trees and he was going to bail on his son to go with me. I assured him I could wait until Friday to check out the well, which made him happy. It wasn't long he was back down the yard following me around to see what we could find. LOL! metal detecting is addicting and he caught the bug. I will detect his grandfather's farm, which has to be 150 years "Plus" old or there about. But remember they had nothing back then so I am not expecting to find anything except nails from where the house stood but who knows. I had to teach him how to use my cell phone just in case I need him to dial 911 while the two old guys are out walking around. LOL! He is in his mid seventies... the blind leading the blind.

Sounds like u scored a hot spot good luck buddy

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If you have a "back up" detector,let him go along and try it! I almost always bring the F2 along,next thing you know your having a metal detecting class! :laughing7: Then they are HOOKED on detecting!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a "back up" detector,let him go along and try it! I almost always bring the F2 along,next thing you know your having a metal detecting class! :laughing7: Then they are HOOKED on detecting!:thumbsup:

& thats the truth u never know when ur out who ull run into old friends family ect , same reason I bring my Atpro not only to compare on depth & other things as rivers lakes that the v3i cant go in, but if theres anyone who wants to try it out or whatever it mayb spare machine,digger,treasure pouch,headphones. Class is in sesion :)

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
& thats the truth u never know when ur out who ull run into old friends family ect , same reason I bring my Atpro not only to compare on depth & other things as rivers lakes that the v3i cant go in, but if theres anyone who wants to try it out or whatever it mayb spare machine,digger,treasure pouch,headphones. Class is in sesion :)
christo000,you got that right!:thumbsup: I've got one frind into MDing by him coming along to watch me hunting. Now I have another hunting buddy! He is slowly buying more equipment,but really likes to use my Sampson,and Pro Pointer when we are out hunting!:laughing7: He was watching me the other day,and seen how I use the Sampson to cut plugs. I make one cross cut,then 2 more up each side. The plug is big enough that most of the time,the target is in the plug. I just "crumb" the dirt back into the hole,recover the coin,and flip the plug back,and step on it. You can't hardly see where I've been! By making the two cuts for each side,the plug just hindges up like a door,very clean. I hardly ever use my towel for the extra dirt now,unless it's a really deep dig!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread