Thanks

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say thanks to all the CRH's who have given me the inspiration and information to try this hobby. My fascination with coins and now "Silver" came from a good friend of mine who gave me a proof set of my birth year this past December. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be bitten this bad.

There are many people in this section who give advice freely and take the time to explain a situation to a newcomer like me.
The few people that do standout for me and gave me the incentive to try are below. I am positive I have missed several but in the past couple of months these people have been the ones that pushed me over the edge(so to speak :laughing7: )

APUSH (Mrs.) - Enjoy your stories, in particular the one of receiving your own marked coins back in different boxes, that made
laugh (with you not at you) for a few.

Silvercop - Your findings and stories are second to none, I have learned alot about this hobby by just reading your posts.
I always enjoy your yardsale stories, they are very very entertaining. I am almost tempted to start making the rounds. :thumbsup:

Obediah - Your mind set is just like mine, I think we would hit it off if we ever met.

Rich Hartford - Your endless scores are what originally made me want to try this. You not only share your finds, but your information that you learned over the years as well and don't seem to mind at all.

Rileyboy - Absolutely love the daily "String" report. Hope that you recover quickly and you get back on your feet to continue the streak..

Thanks to everyone here in CRH, it is really a stress buster for me and I enjoy each and every story posted on here, heck, sometimes I even re-read the posts a couple of weeks later.

May the Silver Gods shine on everyone and hopefully spot will reach $30.00 by the end of the year.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, no, no. Not $30 by the end of the year. If it hits that, you wont find one lick of silver. I hope it drops down in the $8-10 range to wash out most of the competition, then in a few years it can go back up. My pile is not big enough yet!

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
No, no, no. Not $30 by the end of the year. If it hits that, you wont find one lick of silver. I hope it drops down in the $8-10 range to wash out most of the competition, then in a few years it can go back up. My pile is not big enough yet!

Valid Point and I will agree, reluctantly. However with that said and the shortage of Silver, in the near future I do not see a dip that
low. Silver will decrease by a dollar or so and then climb back to the pre-drop + .25 or .30 cents, repeating that cycle quite often. There is less Silver in the world than there is gold and the demand is increasing daily. Something has to give and I am banking on Silver rising and Gold depreciating until the ratio is better than 65 to 1.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Valid Point and I will agree, reluctantly. However with that said and the shortage of Silver, in the near future I do not see a dip that
low. Silver will decrease by a dollar or so and then climb back to the pre-drop + .25 or .30 cents, repeating that cycle quite often. There is less Silver in the world than there is gold and the demand is increasing daily. Something has to give and I am banking on Silver rising and Gold depreciating until the ratio is better than 65 to 1.

Apparently if we can drive the Taliban out of Afghanistan there will be more than enough gold and silver to go around. Have seen articles in the last few days about the vast mineral reserves there. The question is, can the governments stabilize in Afghanistan enough to develop the infrastructure to mine. Interesting read to say the least.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/articl...ineral-deposits-found-in-afghanistan/19514872

Sorry, not looking to hijack your thread :)

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Apparently if we can drive the Taliban out of Afghanistan there will be more than enough gold and silver to go around. Have seen articles in the last few days about the vast mineral reserves there. The question is, can the governments stabilize in Afghanistan enough to develop the infrastructure to mine. Interesting read to say the least.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/articl...ineral-deposits-found-in-afghanistan/19514872

Silver was never mentioned in the article.... :hello2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Silver was never mentioned in the article.... :hello2:
I've read many articles about the what they've found in Afghanistan. The real money maker there is above the ground and simple to harvest,"opium".Since our occupation,opium production is at an all time high.
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Ay, was born in Fla, down in Ft. Liquourdale which is what my dad always called Ft. Lauderdale, family moved to Ocala when was12.

Oh and I too would not mind Silver NOT moving up too fast though admit would like it to go up but it is a catch 22 situation as another points out the more it goes up the less we will find.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freedom,
First of all, thank you for your kind words. I agree with Mr. Hartford--the dollars are above ground--the drugs. It has killed the educational system, the structure of government, and breeded corruption.

I feel so much for the women who have to cow-tow to the horrible regime that places them below the bottom of the pitts of H*e*l**.

Many have to wear the full "chador" without their consent. I am so thankful that we live in a country where women are full partners with men. I cannot imagine anyother life than our own.

Thank you Founding Fathers (although you did not have any inkling at the time) that you gave women rights--21st Amendment (passed in 1920), to allow us to have a firm voice in the running of this country. Some one look up "Mum Bett." I will not say that men start wars--that would give too many posts against my opinion of things :)

Okay--gotta talk about silver or the monitor will remove my post :). Got 4-40% this afternoon--1 box.

apush :read2:

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
FreedomUIC,
Thanks for your nice posting and comments. All of us try to help with informative and experienced answers to questions posted by newer members. There are a lot of very intelligent people on this forum and I, too, enjoy reading their thoughts. Remember...this is a hobby and not a "living". If you think you are going to get rich CRHing, you are in for a big surprise. But, if you are in this for the fun, excitement and adventure then you will enjoy all it has to offer. In addition, think of the historical value some of these coins have. I wonder whose pocket that 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative was in. Same for some of these old Walking Liberty Halves you find daily. Many of them are seventy year old. Also the Barber halves that periodically show up. Some of them are over a hundred years old. Coins are a fascinating part of our history and will remain so as long as we keep the freedom that we know. "In God We Trust".....and don't ever forget that.
rileyboy (bad hip and all!)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
apush said:
Freedom,
First of all, thank you for your kind words. I agree with Mr. Hartford--the dollars are above ground--the drugs. It has killed the educational system, the structure of government, and breeded corruption.

I feel so much for the women who have to cow-tow to the horrible regime that places them below the bottom of the pitts of H*e*l**.

Many have to wear the full "chador" without their consent. I am so thankful that we live in a country where women are full partners with men. I cannot imagine anyother life than our own.

Thank you Founding Fathers (although you did not have any inkling at the time) that you gave women rights--21st Amendment (passed in 1920), to allow us to have a firm voice in the running of this country. Some one look up "Mum Bett." I will not say that men start wars--that would give too many posts against my opinion of things :)

Okay--gotta talk about silver or the monitor will remove my post :). Got 4-40% this afternoon--1 box.

apush :read2:

Apush,
I remember my grandmother telling me that after the women got the right to vote George Washington with his big nose and wooden teeth would not have a chance against JFK, because women vote for the best looking candidate. Herself not included of course. :laughing9:
HH
Rich

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Hartford,
LOL. The first televised debate was between Nixon and JFK. Nixon had a bad make-up artist that did not know how to apply make-up under bright lights so he had large, dark circles under his eyes and sweated. JFK, on the otherhand, had youth on his side. Now, if folks were listening to the radio--which many did--they would argue that Nixon won the debate. It all has to do with the image the media portrays!

Okay silver issue: Mr. Apush lost tonight. But, 2 of my boxes failed to appear as the head teller was on vacation. Picking up 2 boxes tomorrow.

apush :icon_sunny: :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions