What's new

Thanksgiving Day Find!!!

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Anybody know what exactly these tools were used for?
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20121122_184032.webp
    ForumRunner_20121122_184032.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 145
  • ForumRunner_20121122_184004.webp
    ForumRunner_20121122_184004.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 124
  • ForumRunner_20121122_184159.webp
    ForumRunner_20121122_184159.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20121122_184114.webp
    ForumRunner_20121122_184114.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
Looks like an adze. A chopping tool
 
Do you know how it would be attached to a handle?
 
Sweet thanks for the pic gatorboy. The shape of it makes more sense now.
 
Any monitary value to this piece i found? Just curious.
 
I hate putting a number next to an artifact... even for curiosity. Google.. chipped stone adze,celt,hoe, you're sure to find similar pieces for sale. If I were to take a guess I'd probably say between 60-80 bucks depending on some factors including who's doing the selling. Authentication ...ect.
 
I hate putting a number next to an artifact... even for curiosity. Google.. chipped stone adze,celt,hoe, you're sure to find similar pieces for sale. If I were to take a guess I'd probably say between 60-80 bucks depending on some factors including who's doing the selling. Authentication ...ect.
Nice finds there but I dont think that much in $ on that piece. The market is so drab rite now probably half of that. If you can even sell it. Still a nice find!
 
As is maybe. But if the piece is offered for sale with solid Providence and authentication papers from a respected dealer it should sell for well more then half.
 
And how much does it cost to get papers? At least $20.00 I would guess.
 
GatorBoy said:
As is maybe. But if the piece is offered for sale with solid Providence and authentication papers from a respected dealer it should sell for well more then half.

I have never thought about getting papers on anything. I'm still curious about how much authentication of a piece would cost. Does any one know? Not saying the piece above isn't a really nice find, but I can't see it being worth putting money into. I have never flipped through a price guide, however. I'm going strictly on how many of those I find.
 
Rock.. you're a dealer. Ha
 
The type of material Will also make a big difference In what you can sell it for.
 
Eye Candy is half of it when it comes to dollars
 
I just found it funny That someone who buys and sells artifacts has absolutely no idea what it takes to to have a single piece authenticated. I don't know a single person who would buy an artifact from someone who wasn't a personal friend without even authentication pappers.
 
It just makes the price higher and the prices are already so low. How can you make a profit? And there are so many who will just sign their name to anything for a buck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom