What's new

Thawed ground gave up just a little... Old ring, 62IH, anchor button...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thawed ground gave up just a little... Old ring, '62IH, anchor button...

I got out after work yesterday. I arranged to pick up my kids late so I secured almost 2 hours to hunt! I went back to my "colonial parking lot". Didn't expect to find much but I squeaked out a few. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456016941.962170.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456016957.569712.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456016969.342162.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456016979.647759.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456016993.938602.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456017003.345464.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456018643.510577.webp

I really dig the ring and button.

My big test is in two weeks, after that I should be able to get out again. Hunts like this keeps me in "detecting shape" and tuned in.

Cheers

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 44
I tried today too, to keep in the same shape... But everything is still quite frozen. I did manage to dig a few holes though and got a couple relics to keep... Plus, trying to get used to the new NEL Storm coil that my dad got for me... Few weeks to go and the ground will be better around here...
Sure was hoping for one of those indians that you found, i guess the indians moved from the frozen hills of Pa over to the 'warmer?' Plains of NJ for winter???? Hahaa.... Good finds!! Time to go take my meds for the cabin fever...
 
squeaked out a few i'll say,very nice finds man,sweet button!
 
Holy moly you found more in two hours than Ive got in months awesome stuff Great Job
 
I tried today too, to keep in the same shape... But everything is still quite frozen. I did manage to dig a few holes though and got a couple relics to keep... Plus, trying to get used to the new NEL Storm coil that my dad got for me... Few weeks to go and the ground will be better around here...
Sure was hoping for one of those indians that you found, i guess the indians moved from the frozen hills of Pa over to the 'warmer?' Plains of NJ for winter???? Hahaa.... Good finds!! Time to go take my meds for the cabin fever...

I hit a lot of frozen spots too. Some were 4" deep, some was frozen from the surface down. And then there were some soft spots, and that's where them Indians moved;) lol thanks for looking
 
Nice hunt Steve,
Good to get out huh?
 
Nice stuff

I'd be satisfied with that hunt

HH Jer
 
squeaked out a few i'll say,very nice finds man,sweet button!
Lol. Yes a few very nice finds...agreed:)
Holy moly you found more in two hours than Ive got in months awesome stuff Great Job

Thanks for looking man. Days, months, years - one can beat another in an instant.
 
That was a very productive 2 hours Scrappy! :occasion14:
 
That's an awesome few you squeaked out! Way to go!
 
I always like finding Indians and throwing in a Barber makes for a good day in my book. Super find on the 1862 fatty. Most of those around here come out of the ground looking like real garbage. Yours is one of the nicest I've seen. Way to go.
 
Great hunt steve, after a short off season I bet that felt good to get out
 
Steve,

Glad you managed to sneak in a hunt and make some good finds.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Great too see you out bud! Love the anchor button. We are snow free and it's supposed to be warm here. Just waiting for my machine to come back from upgrade and warranty work from my horrible abuse. I pick up my sea kayak with tons of cargo space next weekend. Oh yeah I bought a 12"x15" sef coil too. I'm not done....it's game on in 2016. Last season was motivated me to kill it this year. Remember what I said last year. Well this season will see one of us find a super rare item. Mark my words 88888888
 
I went out this week also. Hit a few spots of frost. Found a 1963 rosie, a 1880's sash buckle and some other relics. Not bad for me!
 
If you can do that in 2hrs think of the haul you might have had in 6. Nice hunt Bud.[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
That's what I call a n real decent hunt.
Those Indians and the Barber would
definitely make my day.
Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom