The $2,500 question

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
A bank I got two half solid rolls from a few weeks ago has some halves. The teller initially said she had none and then "remembered" she had 250 rolls in the back she was going to ship out. I told her to hang on for a few days and she agreed to do so. She did give some information indicating that "some guy brings in a lot of halves". So do I pass on this opportunity, buy some or buy all? I'd appreciate some feedback from the veterans in the forum.

Thanks in advance,

OWS

Upvote 0

tim2357

Oct 23, 2009
Buy As Many as you can, then go back and get the rest. Make sure they know you want everything that is brought in, so when the old lady bring in the solid rolls you get those too.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Buy 'em all! If you don't find anything, just return them, and you'll get all your money back!

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I'd ask if they were all in the same rolls, if so just get a few hundred dollars and check them out.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You buy them all. You can always dump them with your others. You want to be known as the guy who will buy all halves. Even if they are dumps, you might still score an overlooked slice of silver.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Buy them all and never bring them back to them. They will learn to go to you to when they have half dollars.

Golden Silver

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Ditto - NEVER bring them back to the people who gave them to you. I have "exclusivity" at my main supply bank because "...these other people want us to take them back, so we just tell them we don't have any."

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
A few years ago, I stumbled across a bank with over $5K in halves. After buying a few hundred to sample, and getting decent results, I bought the whole stash. After several days over searching I had found a Ben, 2 90% Kennedys, and 400+ 40%'s. So I always buy everything. It may have already been searched, but what if it hasn't.....

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
any luck with this? did you go buy them if so did you get anything?

OP
OP
O

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
I'm going back to this bank tomorrow and buy a few hundred in halves. I'm going to tell the teller that I need a few hundred every week and I will exhaust her supply in about a month.

I'll let everyone know how I do as this develops.

OWS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread