The AT Pro at work, 2 cent piece, Counterfeit cut Spanish 8 reales, and 3 Ringer

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I posted any finds, I'm still learning the AT Pro and I feel it's gonna take a while to get to level I'm ok with. In the mean while the 3 ringer is from a hunt a couple weeks ago, I thought it was a ringer, but wasn't sure, I join a local MD club and all agree it's my first CW era bullet. Then I dug my first Spanish silver or not? Well it's really beat up only a few letters are recognizable, it's a cut 8 reales coin, counterfeit that is, in the
Middle of 2 silver layers there is a sandwiched copper layer that reveals its spurious provenance.
The last piece dug a few days ago it's that 2 center it's an 1864 in wonderful condition, I seen a few of these dug and they were barely recognizable, to my luck this is
In very nice shape.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    628.2 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    541.3 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
Upvote 23
Congratz on some cool finds! That 2 cent piece is in great condition!

Love the 2 center....one of my favorite coins. Big congrats!

not only a nice coin,but take a close look at the motto. your coin appears to be a "small motto" 1864. a key date.$$$$ kind of hard to tell for sure from the picture.

Thanx everyone, I think the 2 cents piece is a large motto, but I'll have it checked.

Very nice two cent piece. Love the contemporary counterfeit too.

1 casper2Z.JPG 2centers - one of my fav coins made

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back