What's new

The AT Pro at work, 2 cent piece, Counterfeit cut Spanish 8 reales, and 3 Ringer

8Reales

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
1,876
Reaction score
3,632
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I posted any finds, I'm still learning the AT Pro and I feel it's gonna take a while to get to level I'm ok with. In the mean while the 3 ringer is from a hunt a couple weeks ago, I thought it was a ringer, but wasn't sure, I join a local MD club and all agree it's my first CW era bullet. Then I dug my first Spanish silver or not? Well it's really beat up only a few letters are recognizable, it's a cut 8 reales coin, counterfeit that is, in the
Middle of 2 silver layers there is a sandwiched copper layer that reveals its spurious provenance.
The last piece dug a few days ago it's that 2 center it's an 1864 in wonderful condition, I seen a few of these dug and they were barely recognizable, to my luck this is
In very nice shape.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    321.7 KB · Views: 245
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    138.1 KB · Views: 230
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 232
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    178.1 KB · Views: 227
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 237
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    761.2 KB · Views: 233
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1 MB · Views: 230
Upvote 46
Congratz on some cool finds! That 2 cent piece is in great condition!
 
Sharp 2-Center!!!!:occasion14:
 
Love the 2 center....one of my favorite coins. Big congrats!
 
That Two Cent piece is a nice looking coin.
 
not only a nice coin,but take a close look at the motto. your coin appears to be a "small motto" 1864. a key date.$$$$ kind of hard to tell for sure from the picture.
 
Thanx everyone, I think the 2 cents piece is a large motto, but I'll have it checked.
 
Very nice two cent piece. Love the contemporary counterfeit too.
 
Congrats on a nice hunt.
The 2 center is on my bucket list.
Congrats
 
1 casper2Z.webp 2centers - one of my fav coins made
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom