The AT PRO Did not Find This Handful of Silver.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Went out scouting today and stumbled on a newer site. Here's the video:

Started digging nickels fairly frequently in a concentrated area like a pocket spill scattered by the plow. Pretty soon I had recovered 4 wheats and 6 nickels. One of the nickels was a V, and two were silver "war nickels." Also picked up two tokens that were the same size and thickness. One turned out to be an illegible plantation token which once said "Good For." Such a shame when they are eaten up by the decades underground. Anyhow, the other mystery coin turned out to be a 1937 Costa Rican 25 Centimos coin. That's a new one for the books! Below is the dug coin, with non-dug photos below it. This is a copper nickel coin and read very low on the F75.

HPIM5263.JPG HPIM5264.JPG

600px-Costa_Rica_1937_25_centimos_obv_DSLR.jpg 600px-Costa_Rica_1937_25_centimos_rev_DSLR.jpg

I stuck around for a while, having dug so many coins in close succession, angling for a Franklin Half, worn Standing Quarter, or similar. I did get a quarter, but it was a Washington:

quarter in plug.JPG

HPIM5255.JPG HPIM5256.JPG

Here are the photos of the silver nickels, V nickel, plantation token, and a silver Catholic "Miraculous medal" that was nearby:

HPIM5260.JPG HPIM5261.JPG HPIM5262.JPG

HPIM5257.JPG HPIM5265.JPG

For a while I stuck around, but then got a little frustrated at the lack of old finds. So I went to a site where we had been earlier in the year with some success. Immediately I started getting some good signals. Sun was setting, but after several failed "live digs" on the video, which of course were jinxed by being filmed, I popped out a silver dime (which I of course missed digging live!). It was an 1857 Seated, minted exactly 100 years before the Quarter was.

HPIM5258.JPG HPIM5259.JPG

She's beaten up, but I'll take her. Now that's what I'm after! I'll be back to that site soon to see what I can scare out of the ground with the F75. :laughing7:

Cheers,

Buck

Upvote 24
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oldies can't be there all the time, but it might be just a case of the next turn of the plough that might throw the older ones up. Still at the end of the day you got a mitt full of finds and that alone is a good day out. Seeing the edge of a silver in the dirt always brings the warm feelings up, and a "Oh Ya"

Really thankful that I went, because we are getting no end of rain here. Summer cycle has started I fear, which means 4 months of rain every day, high humidity, and 100 degree temps. :(

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, friend! Just thought I'd be clear in the title which machine I WASN'T using. :laughing7:

Theres a lot of good machines out there I was a ATP user and its a very nice all-around machine; But Fisher makes a good product too. Nothing wrong with being proud of your machine.. But as an Operator u have to learn the language and they all speak different tongues . jm2cw..Congrats on a Great Hunt

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing that "NonATP" posting there B.B. they are always fun ones :occasion14:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a lot of good machines out there I was a ATP user and its a very nice all-around machine; But Fisher makes a good product too. Nothing wrong with being proud of your machine.. But as an Operator u have to learn the language and they all speak different tongues . jm2cw..Congrats on a Great Hunt

To be clear, I have nothing against the ATPro.

I'm also proud of my F75 and it's ability to consistently sniff out fantastic relic and coin finds.

...BUT You won't see a post of mine with F75 in the title. After a point that starts to sound less like pride and more like prostitution.

Last edited:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To be clear, I have nothing against the ATPro.

I'm also proud of my F75 and it's ability to consistently sniff out fantastic relic and coin finds.

...BUT You won't see a post of mine with F75 in the title. After a point that starts to sound less like pride and more like prostitution.

Lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really thankful that I went, because we are getting no end of rain here. Summer cycle has started I fear, which means 4 months of rain every day, high humidity, and 100 degree temps. :(

Nothing like having the feeling of one's wearing a wet tea bag after a session in the 98/98 type weather. :tongue3:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like having the feeling of one's wearing a wet tea bag after a session in the 98/98 type weather. :tongue3:

I have banned the words "tea bag" from my vocabulary.

irqePKYhH8skG.gif

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
You always seem to come home with the bacon Buck. And at least you were able to put a seated lady in your pouch. Nice hunt!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always seem to come home with the bacon Buck. And at least you were able to put a seated lady in your pouch. Nice hunt!

Was pretty stoked by that. BUT I really want to put a couple Spanish in my pouch this year. It's strange how from year to year things vary so much. So many Reales in 2012 and 13, so many military buttons this year. I guess I'll roll with it, but every time I'm out, I'm hoping to get on a colonial site. On the other hand, I guess if we only got one in 2015--that's the one to dig!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a Virtual "Coin Vacuum" ..LOL
Conratz

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet fish of silver ya found thar happy huntinn

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice "hand-full", BB!
Last week I dug an '87 Seated dime that was much worse than yours! (Like you said.........still much better than "new" crap!)
HH!

Iowa Dale

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a Virtual "Coin Vacuum" ..LOL
Conratz

I like that title. Maybe I'll change the ole' Tnet name from Buckleboy to "Silver Tsar." :D

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice "hand-full", BB!
Last week I dug an '87 Seated dime that was much worse than yours! (Like you said.........still much better than "new" crap!)
HH!

Iowa Dale

So true. Anything that I could've coin roll hunted to find in the 80s or 90s ain't old enough.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just imagine all the silvers you WOULD have found if you had been using the ATPro...such a shame...such a shame...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread