The BEST hunt in 15 years of MDing

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to Smokey first and foremost for the invite the permission site. Your the best Smokey!

I’m elated at the amount of good finds in one day. Have to say I was wiped out and couldn’t do much the second day. I just stuck around to enjoy the company of my fellow hunters. In one word.... awesomeness. Had a super great time.

Shortly I’ll post the pics...
I haven’t cleaned anything up yet. I’m taking a break at a near by BnB before I make the long drive home. I’ll let the pics do the talking. So stay tuned for my post with pics.

My new PA Deus Program killed it!

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN0153.JPG Horse style buckle, knapsack hook, harmonica piece, thimble and two CW minie balls with two modern bullets

DSCN0154.JPG US Cartridge box plate - my first!

DSCN0155.JPG Eagle Breastplate, my first, found very close to the cartridge box plate.

DSCN0156.JPG Buttons, 1861 Seated Quarter

DSCN0157.JPG Virginia button, my first one of those two.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I had a great time. I'm at the point in my detecting "career" I just don't particularly like going by myself. We first hit this site late 2016. It's HUGE and since the farmer deep discs, he keeps turning up stuff. Everybody found something! We got our stuff because we thought out of the box and went for the briars and bushes and some formerly off limit areas. The Deus was the ONLY tool for the job there!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! 2 plates, Seated coins and CW lead... that certainly was a stellar hunt! Congrats on a fantastic day...Ddf.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. Smokey knows how to throw a digging party, that is for sure.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! 2 plates, Seated coins and CW lead... that certainly was a stellar hunt! Congrats on a fantastic day...Ddf.

Thank you! I was floored. One plate = a great day. Two= Incredible . Add the rest... feels like a dream come true.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. Smokey knows how to throw a digging party, that is for sure.

It was a fantastic hunt....Smokey sure does make a hunt special. Was nice to meet you again.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA or SC hunters... happy to share the Deus settings I used. PM me if interested.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I had a great time. I'm at the point in my detecting "career" I just don't particularly like going by myself. We first hit this site late 2016. It's HUGE and since the farmer deep discs, he keeps turning up stuff. Everybody found something! We got our stuff because we thought out of the box and went for the briars and bushes and some formerly off limit areas. The Deus was the ONLY tool for the job there!

I just got all the briars and stickers off my boot laces... Smiled the whole time. Lol.
I’m a hurting pup today. Feel like I did a 15 mile hike.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IIRC there used to be a market for thimbles, you might want to look into that

Nice finds

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a fantastic hunt....Smokey sure does make a hunt special. Was nice to meet you again.

Same here as brief as it was as we were both trying to make the most of our swing hours. :icon_thumleft:. Glad it was a worthwhile trip to a great site. Hope you can make it back up here again.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding hunt! :notworthy:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
and this is how to get the blood going! Holy Cow! Center pieces for sure. Still floating on Cloud Nine? Huge smiles all day long!

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here as brief as it was as we were both trying to make the most of our swing hours. :icon_thumleft:. Glad it was a worthwhile trip to a great site. Hope you can make it back up here again.

Very much worthwhile for many reasons. It’s not always about the finds, it’s about the company and nature for me. I’m on to fishing for the summer. Some target shooting. Small hunts in the morning and evening now and then. Got to rest up for my big permission in the low country this winter. Also have a camping trip or two in the works with a couple fishing buds. For now I’m quite content on my porch with celebratory beer in hand watching the sunset and the bunnies.... I’ll be back!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread