The Book on Tayopa by Real de Tayopa

Hola, Don Jose, thank you for the kind words. I consider it an honor to be included in your circle of friends. I am glad to hear that your quest seems to be back on track. If I can think of a tale to tell, I will be posting on the adventures thread soon, since I feel it is kind of a rite of passage requirement to post on that thread…but I can’t rival any of the stories that I have seen posted there. :coffee2::hello2::coffee2:

JB

If people are smart, many stories should not be shared……..
Detect, shovel, shut up….

If people are smart, many stories should not be shared……..
Detect, shovel, shut up….

Hi doc-d

Don't worry about the stories . If are proven truth or fiction , nobody will take you seriously . Everybody is stuck in his/her theory .

Senor Marius gracias…..
The stories are interesting and many things can be learned…….yet if one is smart they would avoid specifics unless they are already public…….sadly today there are many in and out of gov who seek to reap what they do not sow, to benefit from others work…..and it is the criminals in uniform with considerable resources who are most concerning…..
Gracias y vaya con Dios

Gentlemen, I agree with all of your comments. Mackaydon and doc-d, there are many true stories that will never come to light for very good reasons, and I don’t necessarily trust anybody whether they have a prominent position and/or a government job or not. It is a sad state of affairs both in our country and out. I am not advocating that all stories be told. However, any that can be shared are appreciated.

Don Jose, I hope you are correct that Tayopa is different, and it is a pleasure to read the story in your words. It seems that you have taken the correct steps to protect everybody involved, and it is, to me at least, important that the story be told, since it is not only a great adventure, but historically important as well.

Marius, you are correct in most cases, I suspect, however, the one person in power that DOES take a story as true, and hopes to exploit it for his own (or the government’s) gain is by far the most worrisome and dangerous. I am not sure what I would do if I found a treasure that was both historically important and valuable. It would be quite a moral dilemma, and I cannot be sure of my reaction.

Short finger, Tayopa ia / was made public when I decided to turn to the Treasure sites for information.

Since Tayopa had 'already' been found. The members were more than helpful with colllaborating rumors and stories
While none of the data received could be used to find Tayopa, it was useful to fill out the story, it is still ongoing.

All reasonable precautions have been made to protect Tayopa, despite going public.

Last edited:
DON JOSE, IT APPEARS THAT YOU AND I MAY HAVE CHOSEN A NARROW PLANK TO WALK. THE NEED TO TELL THE STORY IS TRUMPED, BY THE NEED TO PROTECT OTHERS FROM WHAT WE TELL.

I MAY SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT NOBODY CAN TURN MY STORY INTO A MAP, TO FIND MORE THAN THEY CAN DEAL WITH.

MY MOUNTAIN HAS BEEN A FORMIDABLE FOE. MORE DANGEROUS NOW, THAN IT WAS A DECADE AGO.

I HAVE ONLY TWO ENDINGS AT THIS POINT, THE ONE THAT I HAVE AND THE ONE THAT I WANT.

IT'S FUNNY, I DIDN'T HAVE THESE THOUGHTS UNTIL I READ ALL OF THIS THREAD IN ONE SITTING. I HAVE HIT AND MISSED, HERE AND THERE, FOR MONTHS. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME TO GET IT ALL IN MY HEAD AT ONCE.

WRITE WHEN YOU CAN, WORK WHEN YOU MUST. ENJOY THE OTHER TWENTY THREE HOURS IN THE DAY.

MIKEL
#/;0)~

For me, it's the history with dates.
If not for the history tidbits, my passion to learn would starve and this old skeleton would dry up an blow away.

#/;0):-{{0)[]

Sorry Marius, THE Tayopa is in Chihuahua, not Durango. :coffee2::coffee2: coffee?

Howdy Compadre,

Give our friend Marius a little credit, Tayopa was at one time in what was part of Durango. Chihuahua did not become a state until 1824, this is where all the confusion comes from. Many of the old stories placed it in Durango, and they were right until the borders changed.

Un cafecito? :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

NP, no coffee for me? I run on Coffee, like ORO.

Don Jose, this guy won't miss his, so here is a cup of coffee for you. Ya might wanta drink fast cause I doubt if he lets the second one go by without a challenge, and his eyes do have a split and are grey ? ? ?. Is your "trigger" finger back to 100 % ?
2015-09-17 22_54_50-humorous sayings - Google Search.png

Corozone, Marius. I owe you both an appology. I didn't download the map. Yes , it is in the old political interdancy of Durango, but also in the present state of Chuahua. I'll have that coffee now

As for Tayopa being protected, tis, from a citizens' claim, but not from the Govt, to them it a patramonial of Mexico and hence out side of normal laws and as such ------X

Incidentally ORO, about Naranjal being that Gold mine in Tayopa =========

Corozone, mi compadre, you and Marius are pretty darn sharp----I misssed that entirely. Now you see why turned to treasure net on Tayopa.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back