What's new

The Collaboration Running Total Thread.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A fellow TNet member and myself decided to colaborate on some CRHing.

I have not had the funds to hunt lately and he is in a silver scarce area. I am in New England and there is plenty of silver around if you look for it.

ImpurestStewart(Austin) put up the funds for a box of halves and I'm doing the leg work. We are going to split the findings.

Today the mission started. Not a great start like I hoped, but it's the first box.

Just be warned. This is going to be a LONG thread. I'm going to post ALL of the hunting that I do along with the finds to share our endeavor with you all.
_________________________________________________________________

Halves
Box 1+ 5 loose = Skunk
Loose $118 = skunk (and 1 1975 Un Peso)
Loose $3 = Skunk
Loose $5.50 - Skunk
Loose $.50 (6 banks) = Skunk
Loose $8 (8 banks) = Skunk
Box 2 = 1 90% (1961 Franklin)
Box 3 = 2 40%ers
Loose $168 = 3 40%ers
Box 4 = 1 40%er
Loose $33 = Skunk
Box 5 = 1 90%er (64 kennedy)
Box 6 = Skunk, but did find a nice frosted 1974 s
Box 7 = Skunk
Box 8 = Skunk
Box 9 = 2 40%ers
Box 10 = skunk
Box 11 = skunk
Box 12 = 3 40%ers
Box 13 = Skunk
Box 14 = 1 1995 Baseball olympic half

Dimes
Box 1 = Skunk
$80 = Skunk
$130 - Skunk
Box 2 = Skunk
Box 3 = 1 rosie
Box 4 = Skunk
Box 5 = 1 rosie
Box 6 = Skunk
$100 CWRs purchased from a lady that was waiting while I was dumping = 1-1923 merc and 24 canadians Grrrrrrr!
Loose $260 = 3 rosies
Box 7 = 1 1938 merc
Dollars
$2 Ikes = clad
$56 SBA = 1 1981 S (clear S / type 2) Business Business Strike. Unfortunately it looks like it was cleaned a bit.
$13 Ikes = Clad
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I paid for a new roof and fence with silver I dragged out of Austin. The secret there is you have to get out of the city and hit the back roads. I cleaned out places like Dripping Springs,Buda,Manor,all the way up to Taylor and Pfluegerville. I didn't find any silver in the city limits,too many students doing CRHing on bikes. JP
 
I like the concept...should be a win/win situation. The hassles of just dumping are almost worth paying somebody else to do it. Just curious though...what is your arrangement for splitting coins that may have something more than junk silver value, such as key dates or commemoratives?

Looking forward to seeing your results.
 
Hope you bust a silver vein soon. my wishes to you! :icon_thumleft:
 
If the coin has intrinsic value, We will either decide to sell it and split the money OR If either of us wants the coin we can work something out like the person who wants the coin pay half the value to the other person. It will be a work in progress but I think it will work out great!
 
rare to find trust like this, sounds like a great arrangement
 
Excited to see how this goes for the two of you. I've thought about doing this with relatives in the north east, but most of them think I'm crazy so I haven't asked yet.
 
Not worth much, but still a surprise to find.

1981 s type 2 Business Strike.
 

Attachments

  • SBaBusiness.webp
    SBaBusiness.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,317
Any of those canadians silver Sean? What about the Merc? Decent shape or obliterated?
 
There are definitely some guys on this forum with real integrity and I love it. :headbang:

HH
JJ
 
ImpurestStewart said:
Any of those canadians silver Sean? What about the Merc? Decent shape or obliterated?

Unfortunately the Canadians were nothing more than a tease. The merc is toast, but at least it's silver :icon_thumright:

Funny thing is that the merc was in the first roll that I opened along with 6-8 Canadians.

I thought for sure that there would be more silver when I got the merc. By the end I was seeing silver rims and cursing them.
 
Total's for 2011 are 1 90%, 6 40%s, and 6 silver dimes. Here's to the action picking up in 2012. Already added another 90%. :icon_thumright:
 
Awesome, I hope you two get a dream box, best of luck in future searches!!! :headbang:
 
glad to see this site made some friends. keep it up guys. and sean. don't take all the silver out of NH.. please? :blob7:

happy hunting guys
 
hope 2012 is a great year for the collaboration!
 
Found this one in the last box.


AtlantaHalf2.webpAtlantaHalf1.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom