What's new

The Detectorists

Thanks for the heads up. I can't get the song out of my head.
Just in case ya need more of it!



BTW, I've grown to love the tune!
 
Yes Mackenzie Crook from Pirates of the Caribbean is a detectorist in real life. He not only stars but is also the writer.
Never seen the show before. Are these guys real hobbyist in real life
 
Great show. Great bit of acting when (spoiler alert) he finds the Saxon gold.
 
Detectorists is a fantastic show - even though it's a comedy/drama, it's a lot more realistic than the so-called "reality shows" about MDing. The scenes with the club really crack me up.
 
So Lance still has his Minelab ctx, and Andy is now using a Deus. I had to laugh at Lance's WOT gargantuacoil.
It's nice to see detectorists using real, modern machines...most times when there's a character with a detector it's some ancient POC that the key grip provides after saying "Hey I can get a prop detector, my uncle has one in his closet".
What was funny was what Simon & Garfunkel were using, a Garret ace 150 and who knows what that thing was that Garfunkel had.
I'm 4 episodes into the second season.
 
So Lance still has his Minelab ctx, and Andy is now using a Deus. I had to laugh at Lance's WOT gargantuacoil.
It's nice to see detectorists using real, modern machines...most times when there's a character with a detector it's some ancient POC that the key grip provides after saying "Hey I can get a prop detector, my uncle has one in his closet".
What was funny was what Simon & Garfunkel were using, a Garret ace 150 and who knows what that thing was that Garfunkel had.
I'm 4 episodes into the second season.

Some of the other detectors used on the show are European models we aren't familiar with.
 
Some of the other detectors used on the show are European models we aren't familiar with.

Well I would've had Garfunkel using this detector.

Bounty-Hunter-Gold-Digger-Metal-Detector-3cb089fc-65e2-4992-a11c-915446916c64_600.jpeg
 
Thanks for the heads up. I can't get the song out of my head.
The songwriter even has a "how-to" video for it!



I have watched the complete series so far, and LOVE it. I don't think a person has to have any interest in or knowledge of metal detecting to enjoy the show, although it certainly helps. There are a lot of hidden little in-jokes that only we would get. Unfortunately, I have yet to be able to convince a non-detectorist to give it a try.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom