The Devil Is In The Details!

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Consider how many lost or buried treasure legends there are. In many cases there was some historical event that took place and the people who retell the stories add details creating legends. To anyone seeking to find a legendary treasure the key is to remove details. Ignore commentary that give details that wouldn't have been recorded. Try stripping the legend down to the simplest basic event. Always ask yourself, "Would I Do this, does this make sense?" Try re-enacting the event. Writers of treasure stories often try to answer what they perceive you will ask. Questions like, "Why was it buried and forgotten?" Details they offer to make the story credible will always mislead or the treasure would have been found. If someone buried something there must be a reason, but the explanation may mislead you. I am currently working on developing a documentary (Hopefully for The History Channel, Rick Lagina, contact me!) In my case multiple legends have actually protected the true location of a real historic buried treasure.

I was mislead and lost for years in the legends until I stripped away added commentary which was incorporated into each legend. When I Re-enacted the event based on what I personally would do, I found a virgin location never metal detected before by anyone and found an
key3.jpg
artifact proving to me I have the correct location

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
You'll have to wait on the location until Rick Lagina becomes my partner and hooks me up with a documentary for The History Channel.

The Artifact is a 18th century strong box key

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
I believe I have the location of a buried treasure. The question is "Is it still there?"
To me the treasure is the story... Digging through legends and exposing their flaws, and then presenting an alternative theory. The story and research are definitely worthy of The History Channel. Multiple episodes exposing previous attempts and searches and the flawed legends that protected the true location for hundreds of years. Legal battles for the right to search for artifacts older than 100 years and government agencies who will be obstacles.

I love history. I've had the location for over 30 years! I don't want to "Steal" the treasure, I want permission to do a documentary of the treasure legend and the search and hopeful recovery of the treasure. Do I want the treasure? Of coarse I do, but not at the expense of solving the legend for history. I figure the government will confiscate it, but the documentary would be priceless if the treasure is found. If nothing is recovered I will have told an incredible story.

How many Bigfoot documentaries are there? Anyone find Bigfoot Yet? It's interesting to some people, and Buried Treasure is a popular subject. Look at Oak Island. As Rick Lagina says, the story is treasure in and of itself, always has been.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... To anyone seeking to find a legendary treasure the key is to remove details. ....

Legend-buster, don't take this wrong, but you are falling prey to a common slogan/belief.

The slogan goes like this : "It's merely a matter of sorting fact from fiction". Right ?

But notice that, in the case of Treasure Legends, it ASSUMES THERE IS A "TREASURE" there IN THE FIRST PLACE ! :dontknow:

In other words L-Buster : No treasure legend ever started with : "Once upon a time ...". Instead, they are ALL packed with real names, dates, and events . Which is what makes them so believable. So all you have to do is start with a real event (a battle, a real person, a real date, a fancied motive, etc...). Then toss in a "treasure" to the story.

And then don't you see that you can "sort fact from fiction" TILL THE COWS COME HOME. And : If there's no treasure, then THERE'S NO TREASURE. So even if 99% of the story is true, yet 1% (the treasure part) is not true, then : It won't matter HOW much you study all the other details.

This is what's so hilarious about Oak Island : They are perpetually tossing around real names, dates, events. And then everyone sits around debating on coconut fibers, and their ability to stay buoyant across the entire ocean, etc... (as if these minor details prove or disprove a treasure being there). So at some point, you have to stop and ask yourself : WHO CARES ? Ie.: you can just go ahead and GRANT everything the legend -ghost-story chasers are waxing romantic about.

Because at the end of the day, if there's no treasure, then : THERE'S NO TREASURE !

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
I understand your point. My case is totally unique. Two separate events became blended together into one legend with multiple versions. By using history and logic I was able to separate the two events and found a site never before searched. There is real history behind both events. It's a truly fascinating story.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Convince us.
Share something of this... for example... which OR what "treasure" do you speak of ?

Surely you can at least share this.

So far one would assume by your request for Ricks contact info that you are possibly referring to Oak Island ?
OR... is this an entirely different one ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Not Oak Island. Rick is expanding into researching other treasures with other treasure hunters. He said so himself on Beyond Oak Island. I can't reveal what treasure, it's famous! Most of you have read the mixed legend before. I have information no living person has. The trouble with treasure is you can't control where it's located.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... The trouble with treasure is you can't control where it's located.

You've got it narrowed down to a certain cave, a certain valley, a certain swamp, or perhaps an exact "x-marks-the-spot". Right ? Ie.: You've "found" it (past tense). Right ?

But lo & behold, durned that bureaucratic govt. red tape that's going to stop me/us from getting it. But rest assured, it's there. Eh ?

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Other ingredients often seen : 1) a map that no one else knows about. 2) cryptograms and codes 3) ciphers and curious squiggles on rocks and trees 4) tips of iceberg finds nearby 5) a skeleton 6) Insane depths [100 ft] 7) Insane sizes [100 tons of gold] 8) built around real names/dates/events. 9) booby traps .

Fun fun fun ! :headbang:

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Tom, I have the location. I found an 18th century strong box key at the spot. All that's needed is the Big Permission. If you ask locals "Up for another treasure hunt?" they would say NO! If Rick L:agina of Oak Island tells them he's decided to do a documentary on their treasure legend they will welcome him.

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Yup. That's par for the course: A "tip of the iceberg" !
LOL... I know right? But I can't for the life of me explain why that 18th century key was found where it was. I found the site before I found the key. I found the site and rented a Compass metal detector with no discrimination at all. It was designed for finding property stakes and construction uses There is no reasonable explanation why that key was where I found it and it's connected to the legends.

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
The Finding of that Key haunts me, now I just need to know. I've given up on keeping the treasure. If it's there 1 could live with it being put in a museum with the details of the find. The story is my real treasure, it's fascinating. The only thing stopping me is permission. Once I apply for a permit and landowner permission it's game on, the site would be revealed. I want an active documentary to be in progress when I seek access. A couple hours with Rick Lagina and he'll be haunted by another treasure Beyond Oak Island.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
LOL... I know right? But I can't for the life of me explain why that 18th century key was found where it was.....
L-Buster, how long have you been md'ing ?

keys of all shapes, sizes, and ages, are a "dime a dozen". Yes, even old keys. To find a key does NOT necessarily mean: "A giant strong box is sure to be nearby".

I have a whole cigar box full of skeleton keys and similar old keys. They are common finds at any old homestead site, cellar hole, beach storm erosion finds, etc......

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Finding a 200 year old strong box key, while searching for a 200 year old strong box doesn't hurt... LOL

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let it go guys.Nothing new is going to happen here until he contacts Gary or Rick and negotiates some sort of deal.I hope he does,I encourage him to,I hope they find something,I hope I get to see it on TV.But anything more here is just a dead end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions