What's new

The Find of (My) Lifetime So Far!

airborne1092

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
633
Reaction score
649
Golden Thread
0
Location
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day while on lunch, I went fossicking around down at the river for jaspers and serpentines, I found a large 18k gold men's ring that weighs .8 ozt~ 💥💥Woot!


1000032833.webp


1000032834.webp
 
Upvote 60
Awesome find!

BUT please have it tested, the color looks strange to me, gold especially 18kt gold usually doesn't look dirty/tarnished like that no matter how long it's been exposed in the dirt/environment.

Let us know the test results.
 
Last edited:
Awesome find!

BUT please have it tested, the color looks strange to me, gold especially 18kt gold usually doesn't look dirty/tarnished like that no matter how long it's been exposed in the dirt/environment.

Let us know the test results.
"Trust, but always verify." RR ;)
 
I was going to post this yesterday, but mom always said don't say anything if nothing good to say. Now, it seems many agree;
That's some brassy looking 18k and I sure hope I'm wrong. Can we see the front of the ring and is this the way you found it or has it been cleaned?
I have many fake gold rings with the same 18K stamp.
 
Outstanding Achievement
Congratulations on your success
Thanks again for sharing
 
The color is off for 18K. My refiner gave me an interesting tip. He said that real gold won't smell metallic but the "gas station" gold rings will have a metallic scent. Of course acid testing and an XRF analyzer if acid is inconclusive is the way to go, but the smell test is an interesting sanity check.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom