What's new

The Find of (My) Lifetime So Far!

airborne1092

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
633
Reaction score
649
Golden Thread
0
Location
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day while on lunch, I went fossicking around down at the river for jaspers and serpentines, I found a large 18k gold men's ring that weighs .8 ozt~ 💥💥Woot!


1000032833.webp


1000032834.webp
 
Upvote 60
Now that is a hunk of gold👏👏👏
 
Any updates on this, airborne?
 
Any updates on this, airborne?
Going to get it tested and looked at Saturday (tomorrow) at a local gold dealer. I don't dislike all the negative comments, but it has me sad because I'm thinking y'all are right!

Fingers crossed it's real but with my old eyes, I didn't see what the pictures revealed - the discoloration in the band, and even if it were in the river for 1 day or 10,000 days it should still come out looking like gold, if it were indeed gold. I kept meaning to get a picture of the top, but was not in office much this past week - working off-site. The top looks like parts of a raised 'dais' had been clipped off, and I can't tell if it's a design or just channels to hold a cap or stone in it (now missing), akin to a class ring.
 
Wah Wah Waaaaahhhhh....

trombone-focused.gif


It turned out to be 'gas station' gold or gypsy gold. 😭 😭 😭

I took it to a pawnshop and they showed me a sizeable key ring full of the stuff, and said it was a terrible scam. I think the guy felt worse for me than I did for myself, but I assured him, I *DID* simply find it in the river. Easy come, easy go!
Whelp - back to the river I go! I'm just glad it's now out of circulation and it's not going to fool anyone else!
A genuine thank you to both the dreamers that were excited with me, and the skeptics that know better!
 
How much do you think the ring is worth ?
 
That's a honker ... I would freak pulling that one out. Huge. Congratz!!!
 
Wah Wah Waaaaahhhhh....

View attachment 2234401

It turned out to be 'gas station' gold or gypsy gold. 😭 😭 😭

I took it to a pawnshop and they showed me a sizeable key ring full of the stuff, and said it was a terrible scam. I think the guy felt worse for me than I did for myself, but I assured him, I *DID* simply find it in the river. Easy come, easy go!
Whelp - back to the river I go! I'm just glad it's now out of circulation and it's not going to fool anyone else!
A genuine thank you to both the dreamers that were excited with me, and the skeptics that know better!
Well I think many of us had this happen at least once in our journey.
Here's my honorable 14K honker.
The weight

20251121_210956.webp


The acid test

20251121_210811.webp


But it still holds a top shelf place in the display case for a big jingle bell.

20251121_210646.webp


Like they say-what dreams are made of.🤣

Screenshot_20251121_212006_Samsung Internet.webp

Funny how something can stick in a person's mind. Some nitro bling has done just that over the years.
Hope the next one is the real deal.
 
Does ANYONE know how the GOLD grades ARE stamped on the inside of the rings. I have often wondered how they do it ?
 
Does ANYONE know how the GOLD grades ARE stamped on the inside of the rings. I have often wondered how they do it ?
This video is showing stamping silver rings but it would be the same for doing a gold ring.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom