The Finder of Forrest Fenn's Treasure Speaks Up

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still wondering if the IRS caught up with this mystery man so he had to pay taxes. 38% is the number the IRS would be interested in. Gary

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He writes extremely well, being a typical treasure hunter. "The Finder"...that's it? No deciphering of the clues. He could at least do that if this wasn't a hoax and still remain anonymous. I read part, but skimmed through the last, as it was dragging on, but didn't see anything like that. All I got from this is a letter from someone hiding behind a nickname and overly praising Forrest Fenn.

Last edited:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He writes extremely well, being a typical treasure hunter. "The Finder"...that's it? No deciphering of the clues. He could at least do that if this wasn't a hoax and still remain anonymous. I read part, but skimmed through the last, as it was dragging on, but didn't see anything like that. All I got from this is a letter from someone hiding behind a nickname and overly praising Forrest Fenn.

That's why there are those that find things and they may think differently than others. There are reasons stated in the piece why he doesn't want to be identified. And no, there wasn't much told about the clues. It was "A Remembrance of Forrest Fenn".

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many guys would admit that they're constantly bawling their eyes out over anything. My guess is that it was written by a woman who is trying to protect Fenn's reputation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions