What's new

the first stuff i found

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
in 1959 our cub scouts took a trip to double ditch indian village and everyone found a bunch of pottery
this is mine, i found a KRF scraper also

Double Ditch Indian Village Historic Site - State Historical Society of North Dakota

IMG_4066.webp
 
Upvote 0
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Nice finds larson1951.
 
Looks like you put it on a plaster of paris mold? I remember the scouts where I went really liked that stuff. My best yr with them I made a car from a chunk of pine wood and put a lead piece in the nose and won a race with it. We use to go bottle hunting every weekend. Good times as a kid. Thanks for the memories
 
very nice finds that is one thing on my list to find ive found a hand full of flakes and chunks of flint and one arrowhead and maybe a scraper so far this year in the garden
 
Looks like you put it on a plaster of paris mold? I remember the scouts where I went really liked that stuff. My best yr with them I made a car from a chunk of pine wood and put a lead piece in the nose and won a race with it. We use to go bottle hunting every weekend. Good times as a kid. Thanks for the memories

Pine wood derby haha Great times. Did you find those as a child Steve ?

100_4331.webp
 
That's awesome you still have those artifacts.
I bet the cub scouts wouldn't let you pick up artifacts from DD nowadays. That's called pothunting, LOL. DD is a wonderful site, one of the best in the world. I like walking around that site every now and then...

From winter to summer pictures. I like the view of the Missouri river from DD.

DD view.webp

DD river.webp

DD summer.webp
 
there is the town of mandan in the background of the second image.....where twitko lives
the DD site is interesting and huge
i think heard there is evidence of a third fortification ditch
 
Yep, there are actually 4 ditches, but only the two are visible from the surface.

map 4 ditches.webp
 
hey thanks i didn't know about four of them
it sure is a cool place and huge too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom