What's new

THE GALLERY of favorite abandoned places pics... post your cool / wierd pics here...

I love old places like these.

They have a certain "feel" to them...
Like time stood still...
Caught in that time.
 
How much was the converter and where did you purchase it??:icon_scratch:
heh ... nope just pics in general...

All my pics from old days are on film and slides...

I have a converter that I paid a lot for to make the slides digital...
Just haven't sat and done it...

Its already on the long "to do" list...
I started it... but ended up doing relatives stuff first and put mine on backburner awhile now...
I did do a few of mine...
Hmmm but where... no clue...
maybe a "search" is in order.
 
How much was the converter and where did you purchase it??:icon_scratch:

Well if I remember correctly... this was WELL over a year ago ... sheesh maybe even 2 now... (damn time flies)...
It was close to like 150ish I think... which I felt was a lot... for just converting...
were 2 left and one had been rifled through and opened...
that was at Best Buy...

I am staring at it on my desk bookshelf as we speak...

ion film 2 sd.
 
Will add this though...
The ones I did run through it... came out great.
I need to dust it off and use it again.

Sheesh just finish converting mine would be nice...
I put a large shoebox of slides on a cd with room to spare.

Talk about "downsizing"... and sheesh so much easier to view when ya want.

I had 2 slide projectors and a screen at one time... crap all over... slides here and there.

Sold projectors and screen at yard sale for a whopping 20 or 25 dollars.

Along with a crapload of slides of travels by my grandfather... who was Air Force 37 years.
 
That is not a bad price, if you have a lot of slides to do. I have old Super 8MM movies that need to be converted, but it costs a pretty penny to have it done!!

Great pics!!....and thanks for the info:thumbsup:
 
I hope this isn't off topic...but my wife and me have probably thousands of pictures of 45 years of family and misc. adventures!! I've been moving a lot of them to thumb drives. Plug 'em into the T.V. and look at all the "old" pictures!! It makes it very nice!!:thumbsup:
 
 
Last edited:
Since these are anywhere photos...

Mrs. G.I.B. in the middle east, and our camels.

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 8.01.02 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 8.01.36 PM.webp
 
heh ... nope just pics in general...

All my pics from old days are on film and slides...

I have a converter that I paid a lot for to make the slides digital...
Just haven't sat and done it...

Its already on the long "to do" list...
I started it... but ended up doing relatives stuff first and put mine on backburner awhile now...
I did do a few of mine...
Hmmm but where... no clue...
maybe a "search" is in order.
Yep. I have a box of old 8mm silent movies of my dad racing in the 50s & early 60s that I want to get put on CDs one of these days. Just no clue as to who can do it without costing a small fortune
 
Last edited:
That is not a bad price, if you have a lot of slides to do. I have old Super 8MM movies that need to be converted, but it costs a pretty penny to have it done!!

Great pics!!....and thanks for the info:thumbsup:

not sure how many feet of 8mm you have on one reel, but walmart seems reasonable
under pricing tab
MSRP $19.96 for the first 125 feet, $.16 per foot per additional foot
http://www.dvdwalmart.com/film_to_dvd.aspx
 
Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the info CW!! I'm gonna check it out right now....:headbang:
 
Remains of King Zog of Albania estate. Not much left. Found a couple of large cents and that's it.
image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
South Pass0005.webp
South Pass0006.webp
Out west we don't have the same kind of ghost towns as those in the jungle.
cave 1.webp
Indian Cave0010.webp
Actly cow camp001A.webp
fort churchill2.webp
fort churchill1.webp
fort churchill3.webp
pony express.webp
 
Completely awesome thread! Great pics.
 
New Orleans abandonded Jazzland

New Orleans had a Six Flags theme park for a short period before Hurricane Katrina flooded it and sealed it's fate. These aren't my personal pictures, but I did visit the site a few years ago. I wouldn't go back today though...too many crack-heads and gangs roam the property now. Especially if they see vehicles in the empty parking lot.

Jazzland%20during%20hurricane_zpshvxwyhz0.jpg





Jazzland_3_zpswkxxg48k.jpg





jazzland_1_zpsrk0uc2r1.jpg





Jazzland_5_zpsez8tn7bv.jpg





Jazzland_4_zpsbzad8ot4.jpg





Jazzland_2_zps953qm07o.jpg





Jazzland_7_zpso8cjmyhx.jpg





Jazzland_9_zpslm6o15kp.jpg





Jazzland_6_zpskgwuyl1f.jpg





Jazzland_8_zpsepagleke.jpg





jazzland_10_zpsxzslhnao.jpg





Jazzland_11_zpshspkgtir.jpg
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom