The Garrett Scorpion Was Designed With Gold Hunting In Mind

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
AAAAAAAAAA2.jpg
Yesterday was family day in Edmonton, which means that most businesses shut down so families could spend the day together. I wasn't so lucky....I had to work. :( But on the plus side, a lot of families went tobogganing, snow boarding and skiing. I was off today, so I hunted for some loot which may have been dropped by these happy people falling off the toboggans on the hills, on family day yesterday.....

TWOPICS.jpg
I had some luck too! A little on the cool side, but the loot gods were generous, as I found many one and two dollar coins. I was also rewarded with my first gold "BLING"....a nice gold ring. In fact, it was my first gold ring I ever got on a snow hill. The Scorpion beeped out nice and clear on this one. I have had silver ones before, but this was definitely a first.

kNIFE2.jpg
Here are the totals from nearly 3 hours of hunting in the tundra. About three coins had to be hacked out of the ground below the snow.

ring2.jpg
Here's the ring from todays tundra digs....it's very special, as it's my first ring of the year AND my first gold ring ever found in the snow on a hill. My wife thinks it's a family ring, each stone representing a family member.

And finally, the day had to end. I managed to witness another beautiful sunset, one of life's simple pleasures!

Attachments

• sunset (2).jpg
    sunset (2).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread