What's new

The Golden Rule. Honesty

ffej

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Fisrt of, I know, I know, no pics it didn't happen.....well it did.

I have been CRH for about two months now 6 or 7 days aweek. I have only $500.00 to play with and keep spending it then dumping to buy new ones. Like I said, everyday I hunt with $500.00, I do $400.00 in nickels and $100.00 in pennies, sometimes dimes. I mix the combonation up to equal $500.00. I don't want any idle time when I could be sorting.

On Wednesday I do $1,500.00 in havles with the same $500.00. I pickup, then sort under a shady tree, dump,pickup,etc......I guess I'm trying to explain why I don't sit down and learn how to post pics and contribute more to this great hobby and site.

I've had some really good finds...walkers, Bens, large cent ( in a half roll ), steel pennies ( 20 in one roll ), indian heads, buffalo, barbers...etc..

Me being the paranoid ex-cop kinda guy, and with all the geotracting with picture and ISP, google earth stuff, I'm just quite at what I do ( so much for that now ;D ), so here is what happened to me today.....

I went on a road trip to scout some new grounds. July has been kinda rough on a new guy. The silver has been tough to find in halves for me.

Stopped in my first bank and asked for halves or any large dollars. The teller said had $9.00, counted them out and I paid her. I waited till we were done and asked her if we were squared. She said yes and told me to have a nice day. I queitly told her that I owed her more money, she said no sir you paid for the halves. Being honest I told her these are not halves they are dollars, she said they are new halves. I then showed her where it said dollar and paid her the proper amount. She thanked me for being honest. I told her it was the golden rule and I'll get repaid somewhere down the line.

Next bank skunk, third bank A couple silver ( only 40%er ).....The teller was a young guy and I asked him to ask the rest of the tellers for halves or large dollars, he did and I got one more keeper, then he said I have one of these showing me the coin as he was walking towards the counter ( i'm thinking it's one of those chucky cheese tokens the mint calls a gold dollar ) then I heard him say but it's $25.00, I'm tired of counting it....I tried to stay calm and laid the worthless $25.00 on the counter as he slipped the MCMLXXVI $25.00 1/2 oz .999 fine Gold coin in my hand. He thanked me for buying it so he didn't have to count it :laughing7:......The moral of this true story is Honesty is the golden rule,..... but don't be stupid :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

IT IS FLIPPING PURDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • ebay0710 039 (768 x 512).webp
    ebay0710 039 (768 x 512).webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 672
  • ebay0710 040 (768 x 512).webp
    ebay0710 040 (768 x 512).webp
    85.8 KB · Views: 653
Upvote 0
I would buy gold all day long for $50 an ounce. Back the truck up and load her up.
The comment about it maybe being a crackhead thief could hold some water. I think that is how some of those rolls of silver get into the system.
 
Great find and great story. Wow!! I can't believe the bank took it in, without it raising some questions?
 
Wow! I mean.......WOW!!!!! :notworthy:
 
BANNER!

I guess I'll have to edit what I ask the tellers going forward. "Do you have and half, large dollar, or two five ten, ao twenty dollars coins youd like to get rid of?" :tongue3: ::)
 
WormtownFJR said:
BANNER!

I guess I'll have to edit what I ask the tellers going forward. "Do you have and half, large dollar, or two five ten, ao twenty dollars coins youd like to get rid of?" :tongue3: ::)

While I do agree this is a Banner find, saying those words on this forum will get you run out of town.

ffej gets the not so public CHR Banner we all strive for. :occasion15:
 
then I heard him say but it's $25.00, I'm tired of counting it....I tried to stay calm and laid the worthless $25.00 on the counter as he slipped the MCMLXXVI $25.00 1/2 oz .999 fine
okay is it me or what? 450 reads and 24 replies........and noone noticed that it is a $23 dollar coin :icon_scratch:
am i seeing this right?
 
mistergee said:
then I heard him say but it's $25.00, I'm tired of counting it....I tried to stay calm and laid the worthless $25.00 on the counter as he slipped the MCMLXXVI $25.00 1/2 oz .999 fine
okay is it me or what? 450 reads and 24 replies........and noone noticed that it is a $23 dollar coin :icon_scratch:
am i seeing this right?

Hmm, now that I look at it....???
 
i take it this is either not your coin ?

Or your EBaying it already ?

your posted pics say ebay0710 039 & 040

If these are just Examples of your Coin,
It is important you say so;
To prevent being accused of Faking a find.

Which is Punnishable by Banning.

Jeff
 
1/2 oz of gold -- with gold at $1200 per --well thats at least $600 bucks any way you cut it -- for $25 worthless paper dollars --where oh where are those idiot tellers when i need em?

holy smokes --cha ching!!!! yep your honesty paid off big time I'd say. 12 times what you paid out at least.

doubter folks here keep a sharp eye out for photos from e bay and such -- so if one uses a stock photo or e bay photo rather than a "actual" photo of the coin please say so *

so folks do not think your trying to "BS" em --its not a problem --provided you credit the photo - like this ------* heres a photo from e bay showing of the type of coin i found.
 
Thermownater....i don't understand your post. you included a quote from coolpix but i don't see where coolpix posted here.
and it sure looks like a $23 to me
ebay0710 040 (768 x 512).webp
 
since the coin is clearly marked ---1/2 oz fine gold--- the coin has to be 25 bucks
 
since the coin is clearly marked ---1/2 oz fine gold--- the coin has to be 25 bucks
are you looking at the same picture i am? it clearly says 1/2 oz fine gold $23
 
well unless its a total fake -- replica type item -- it might look like 23 but it has to be 25 * dollars --if 23 its clearly some sort of totally bogus -- replica coin
 
mistergee said:
is it me :icon_scratch: or do i need new glasses?


The coin looks legit in the photo. I believe it is the photo quality that makes it appear different. Check some other online photos of the reverse of this coin and you will see the 5 looks the same way on those coins.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
mistergee said:
is it me :icon_scratch: or do i need new glasses?


The coin looks legit in the photo. I believe it is the photo quality that makes it appear different. Check some other online photos of the reverse of this coin and you will see the 5 looks the same way on those coins.

Jim

Ok, well what about the ebay names on the pics?
 
Jim i know its supposed to be $25 and i looked up some others to see what you were talking about and i have to agree they do look like they say $23 but when you zoom in it is clearly $25. however the pic he posted is very clear and if you hit CTRL+ you can zoom in very far and clearly too. there's no mistaking its a three
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom