What's new

The Good, Bad the Ugly...........

Helix

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
1,316
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who doesn't love the end of this movie!!!!!!!!
 
I do! Check out my Avatar! Great film by Sergio Leone!
 
I prefer to read this kind of nice stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.
 
Love that movie. Can't count the number of times I've watched it.

Somewhere out there there is a VHS uncut tape of the movie. Maybe called a directors cut or maybe put together by one of the movie people. The tape runs about 5 hours or more and naturally shows a couple hours more of what wasn't used. I saw it years ago when VHS was just hitting the market. Wished I had asked for a copy.
 
Eli Wallach who played Tuco sent me an autographed photo of himself in the role after I wrote him a letter! He is about 95 now!
 
Definately one of favorite Westerns , seen it many times .. cheers Mick
 
Didn't Eli die sometime this past year? Thought I seen his demise on the news. shortribs
 
Didn't Eli die sometime this past year? Thought I seen his demise on the news. shortribs

Eli is still alive! He was born in 1915, so that would make him to be 98! Hope he makes it to 100!
 
Love that movie. Can't count the number of times I've watched it.

Somewhere out there there is a VHS uncut tape of the movie. Maybe called a directors cut or maybe put together by one of the movie people. The tape runs about 5 hours or more and naturally shows a couple hours more of what wasn't used. I saw it years ago when VHS was just hitting the market. Wished I had asked for a copy.
Bull 2.webp
A 5 hour VHS tape??? ??? ??? Frank...
 
Who doesn't love the end of this movie!!!!!!!!

That had to be the world's best shot. And it only topped the seen where the Union Officer was beating the gray dust from his blue uniform by a little bit. Frank...
galloping horse sk. 1943_0064.webp
 
Can't find a single old VHS tape to check for the correct terminology, but if recorded on the tapes slowest, or lower settings it says it will record six hours. The ER setting comes to mind. Maybe you have one in your possession and can check.

The owner of said tape is long, long dead.
 
Can't find a single old VHS tape to check for the correct terminology, but if recorded on the tapes slowest, or lower settings it says it will record six hours. The ER setting comes to mind. Maybe you have one in your possession and can check.

The owner of said tape is long, long dead.

I was assuming it was a commercial tape, which are all recorded in SP mode which is 2 hours. You are correct in that there are other modes, but the quality really suffered. LP mode was 4 hours and EP/SLP mode which I have never seen used was 6 hours. The 6 hour capable tape was a T-120 VHS. Frank...111-1 profile.webp
 
One of the best - Too bad they can't make movies like that anymore! Also, loved Josey Wales.........
 
Yep, EP/SLP was what I was trying to bring to mind. Looked it up on the WEB after posting. You are right, the picture quality really suffered. Still one great movie. Eli screaming BLONDIE made the ending. Also, the music was first rate.
 
"There are two kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those that dig" I bet I've seen it a dozen times.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom