Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a good month for hunting, started slow, and then sped up. The first site was where they drained an old Duck pond out here at one of the local parks. Got to the site, and while detecting, found the 1900 Morgan on the surface. It was encrusted with 100 years of duck poop, and it really did a number on it. When I first started to clean it up, you could see the front and back clear as day. Then the coin itself started to flake away. Nothing I could do could save it. The two Washington quarters are in the same condition. The third is an unidentifiable quarter, which I need to do some serious electrolysis upon it. The buffet token was at a site that has been hit for years. Dug near a large ant hill, It was the only find at that site. The Buff's and the cut-in-half dime was found at a second park, where everyone but myself managed to score gold rings.The last photos are at an undisclosed site. (Sorry) First day out, I dug my first ever token that is stated "saloon" Sadly, it's in the token base, but location is unknown. My buddy got a baggage claim, some Mercs, and what appears to be either a counter-stamped token, or some sort of "practice token". It has multiple "Good-For's, stamped on it. I've yet to see it in person to give an accurate description.The last is my first instate Barber Half. Dug one years ago when I went to Keene New Hampshire, It's in remarkable shape, considering that we are digging this stuff out of an old trash/burn dump. That coin made up for months of sub-par hunting. Enjoy.
Carl

Attachments

• Finds of the Month#2.jpg
    Finds of the Month#2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 761
  • Finds of the Month#3.jpg
    Finds of the Month#3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 771
  • Finds of the Month#4.jpg
    Finds of the Month#4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 756
  • Finds of the Month#5.jpg
    Finds of the Month#5.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 750
  • Finds of the Month#6.jpg
    Finds of the Month#6.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 754
Upvote 0

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Carl...never realized how much damage duck poop can do, but you got some nice keepers there, love the buffet token and that Barber half looks great. congrats on some good hunting! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwayne sueno said:
good stuff.
that duck doo sounds military grade...

Seriously some scary crap. Pun intended. When I first started to hand clean the coin, you could make out all the detail, clear and crisp. When the actual layers of silver started to peel off, I started to cry. It has affected my sleep. A buddy that hit the spot years ago, said that there were coins just littering the surface, same condition. Worse, I want to hit it with some electrolysis, but he warned me that when he attempted to do so, his house filled with the aroma of fresh duck poo. Of course he's dug several nice gold rings at this site, all shiny and full of $1100 an ounce goodness. I'm sorry, $1200 an ounce goodness.
Carl

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I had a tough dig in the mud yesterday ! but digging through duck poop tops that for toughness !! Great finds though ! Go get them !! MaineRelic

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad the condition. Great digs never the less. :icon_thumright:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunting !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

I'd love to see and detect the bottoms of some ponds around here. :o

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That token is pretty cool - love the shape :icon_thumright:

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Hey Carl,
Nice finds! Years ago, when they drained and redid the duck pond at City Park, I found
some Merc's that were the same way. Looked pretty black when they were found, and
when I was done cleaning them, I swear they could cut you. Thin like a razor blade. The
acidity of duck crap is unbelievable! Nice Barber!!

Slab

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score!!!!! MR TUFF

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are really nice finds Carl.

To bad they are eaten up so bad.

HH Jer

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slabman said:
Hey Carl,
Nice finds! Years ago, when they drained and redid the duck pond at City Park, I found
some Merc's that were the same way. Looked pretty black when they were found, and
when I was done cleaning them, I swear they could cut you. Thin like a razor blade. The
acidity of duck crap is unbelievable! Nice Barber!!

Slab

The pennies I found were like that. Razor sharp. No dimes. The Morgan was an 1900, and I still have trouble counting it as a coin find. Wish I had been there when you hit that site, honestly, between the condition of the coins, and the tracking in to the house of duck poo shoes, I haven't been back.
I did find some duck or geese bird bands that I called in to report. I'm supposed to receive some letter stating when they banded the birds.
Can't say that I've been mourning their passing, evil little cretins.
Carl

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY Silver Dollar is a GREAT find, duck poo or not. I also like the tokens. Some token finds would put even a silver dollar to shame. :thumbsup:

Congratulations,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread