JakePhelps
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jul 7, 2005
- Messages
- 3,020
- Reaction score
- 17
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Massachusetts
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Cibola
Re: THE GREAT SHARK PIT COOKIES CLEANING EXPIERIMENT
YAY!
YAY!


JakePhelps said:YAY!![]()


It turns out that what I really need to take a picture of this is some sort of xray machine. The sonogram works on a low frequency of sound waves that wont penetrate hard objects such as sand and calcium and whatever else has encrusted these coins. Also note that Sand is silica and is really the raw foundation of glass.To bad we didn't have clear sandy beaches then we could just see our finds and we wouldn't need metal detectors??
Anyway so that idea went out the window. So today I have started the process again. This time though instead of the spoon I have bent a SS paper clip into a holder that is not actually tensioned on the coin but rather just holds it in place similar to a plate holder you would use to display with. I am hoping this concentrates more action on the coin and the actual surfaces that are still very concealed and not loosened up yet. This will stay in all day so it will be another 14 or 15 hours again of treatment.I didn't have a chance last night to make the other machine but i should be able to tonight. If anyone has any other facts they would like to share on this process I would appreciate any comments good or bad. I was hoping Conservator would be around but he probably has a life away from this stuff on the weekends.If I did it all week I would want a little time away too. I just have to remember this is fun for us and a job for him. funny how that all works huh? Anywho I'm gone for the day but will return later tonight. HH409 seconds ?? HMMMM ?? 6 minutes and 49 seconds I had to use all my fingers and toes and then my nipples to figure that one out. Whats he using an Arc welderdano91 said:Great job Floater! I asked a friend if he had a store bought machine for cleaning, and he said yes.
When I asked him how long it took to clean coins he just said it had a timer for 409 seconds?
Just thought I'd mention it.

You Squirt!! 
Its really simple. My heart was pounding and the wife was holding the light so I could shadow the coin just right to get these shots. I have put the coin back in the Electrolysis untill tonight late.
Dano that doesnt make any sense. What type of Electrolysis takes 409 seconds. He was pulling your leg or he needs to show you his machine. I think its a bottle of 409. Other than that It was pretty funny to me.dano91 said:Great Floater!!!! And I wasn't kidding about the 409 second timer, at least thats what I thought he said.
Dano



Sounds like the time I tried to cook the roast in half the time by doubleing the temp!
The coin is soaking in fresh water and will not be in the electrolysis until this afternoon. hollowpointred said:IM FRIGGIN ADDICTED TO THIS DANG THREAD!!!i cant help but look everytime floater posts something! this one is right up there with the plane crash finds about a year ago. ( i think jeff started that one).cant wait to see todays progress!
I hear ya HollowPointred. I told Rtde3 this was more fun than finding em. LOL 