The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: The GREAT TREASURE NET "SMOKE-OUT" (November 1, 2007)

Stoney - I'm leaving your name on the list... I also fight those "situational" times when I want a smoke.

Buckles... the trash is still in the house... they are right there... I don't even care right now... so far.

trikikiwi - You're doing great Mike! The first in the world to stop! LOL stay at it...

SC_hunter - veryone... SC has been with us since the first post... but I can't put him on the list 'cause he's a "secret sneaky smoker". LOL... Hang in there!

Everyone else - You folks and yer support is awesome... thanks from all of us...

The calculator thingy is kinda fun to watch... That's almost become my entertainment...

My coffee tastes a lot better today.

Keep writting!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Thanks Jim, I'm still resisting s much as I can. I put them where I have to go across the shop and unlock the safe to get to 'em. ;) Makes it a whole lot more inconvenient. :)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Well - it's been kinda slow here today...

Hope you are all hanging in there... and doing well...

For you cheaters... lol... I'm leaving your name up... keep at it and keep trying!

Every day is a new day and a great opportunity to change! :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Incentive for Peachy!
cigarettes.JPG

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Montana Jim said:
Well - it's been kinda slow here today...

Hope you are all hanging in there... and doing well...

For you cheaters... lol... I'm leaving your name up... keep at it and keep trying!

Every day is a new day and a great opportunity to change! :)

We're not giving up. :) The daughter and son-in-law have several boxes of nickorette gum they're giving me that they used to quit. I've gone from a packand a half a day habit down to 5 cigs a day. Surely the gum will finish that out. :-\

BTW Rob, that clip was hillarious. LOL

In the meantime, you all hang in there.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Dig's right. Hang in there, and remember what Mark Twain said:
"Anybody can quit smoking. I've done it hundreds of times!"

When you feel yourself weakening, just ponder these profound words from that preeminent American philosopher Brooke Shields:
“Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.”

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I quight two years ago and it was rough but me and four other guys from my shop made a pact to all quight and three out of four of us did.The first week was the worst but it helped greatly when you don't want to be the one to give in. ;) Cold turky was the easiest way I tried to cut down,only have a couple a day and that type of thing several times but I would always go back to burning em down after a week or so. Good luck! ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

I hope everyone is making it through the first non smoking weekend well!!

For me, the evenings have been the worst. I guess I used to smoke more in the evenings. No slip ups so far for me, thank goodness for the patch and a lot of halloween candies.

Keep it up everyone. Before we know it, we will have a week under our belts!

:)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I'm still doing good!

I've had a few trying moments... moody... short fused... but I'm hanging in there!

Hopo you are all well and still dedictaed... drop us a note and let us know who it's goin!

2 days 19 hours 53 minutes smoke free!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

You can do it. I quit smoking when I realized I had lung damage. It was not a tough decision. Its not worth it. I like the outdoors too much. I ate a lot of hard candy and still use a toothpick to have something in my mouth. If health is important to you, you will quit. If your health is not that important or you think you are somehow immune to any lung damage in middle age, then I wish you luck. If you can go without for a few days, you can go a few weeks. After a few weeks you wont want it anymore. I support all of you. 8)

AuExplorer

Oct 28, 2007
Currently Spanish Trail Utah
Detector(s) used
V-sat & Falcon Gold Probe

:( I have managed to drop down to 5 a day from a pack and a half. I decided since I have some time off to go on a panning and detecting trip for a week or two ( wifes suggestion) and leave the smokes behind. Thanks Montana Jim for suggesting the group effort. Jerky and outdoors, here I come...
Good luck everyone...keep up the effort :)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

AuExplorer said:
:( I have managed to drop down to 5 a day from a pack and a half. I decided since I have some time off to go on a panning and detecting trip for a week or two ( wifes suggestion) and leave the smokes behind. Thanks Montana Jim for suggesting the group effort. Jerky and outdoors, here I come...
Good luck everyone...keep up the effort :)

That is a significant improvement and well deserving of congratulatiuons!! WTG!!

A couple weeks of that and you'll be much closer to the next step if you choose to take it... zero a day. :)

I'm not kidding... I'm a real pain-in-the-arse to be around right now... even my chat buddies and see the difference. LOL However - this too shall pass.

I hope you get a week or two away... awesome!

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab

Remember smoking is a dirty filthy habit that well bring you closer to death than you want to be!!! Had my grandfather did not smoke he might still be alive today he would have been 97!!!!

just think how much money you could save and put it to other hobbies..also for those people who don't like taxes how much tax is on a pack of cigarettes???

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kia ora, Hi everyone,

I'm doing ok,
had one cig' on the first day, of November
one half cig' on the second,
barely a puff yesterday, for the Third
so far completely free today
as I write
at 8pm tonight,

all working to plan

I think I've given up smoking tobacco, for good - and bad

Time will tell of course, but I'm - from distant lands - totally impressed with all the support available from TNet'rs

Cheers, Mike

Kia kaha - stay strong everyone ,

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

midnightcaller said:
Remember smoking is a dirty filthy habit that well bring you closer to death than you want to be!!! Had my grandfather did not smoke he might still be alive today he would have been 97!!!!

just think how much money you could save and put it to other hobbies..also for those people who don't like taxes how much tax is on a pack of cigarettes???
Thanks for the information - reminder too!!.
Another good reason to stop smoking - stop giving governments - 'captured tax payers' exorbitant duty bullshite stuff

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
I'm not kidding... I'm a real pain-in-the-arse to be around right now... even my chat buddies and see the difference.
yep i was just getting ready to tell you to shut up

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

You dont need no nicotine patches...

...just quit.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

k..thought I would check in.
Patch did not help me, infact It made things worse. I did cheat yesterday and the first one was great...later the second one tasted like crap only took like 2 drags and thats been it. Been off the patch for 2 days and I feel better, its not the nicotine I miss its the habit, especially on my 6 driving hour trip this weekend, and when I start to get hungry, after I eat, and especially when I am bored. I use to go to the back of our warehouse and smoke at certain times at work, now I still go to the warehouse at those times but I just walk up and down the aisles. It seems to help some and its exercise.

Hope everyone is doing great HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!! to those who has not even cheated a little! And Hang in there all of you!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

I'm not giving up. The daughter gave me som nicotine gum this evening for my birthday. Just started with 2 pieces..2mg ea. Jeeze, it tastes like I licked the bottom of an ashtray, lol. But we're determined. You all hang in there, ya hear!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread