The Herd Done Got Thinned......

I opened five boxes yesterday... 2 buffalo's and 1 war.

yes, solid 2012 nickel rolls. no buffaloes at all, not even the new ones!

I might average about 1 war per box and 1 buffalo every 3 besides the boxes where they do seem to herd up but that is usually non readable date ones.

I got spoiled by a lot of really good boxes. I'd have to say for awhile I was averaging close to 4-5 Buffalo Nickels and 3-4 War Nickles per box. Too bad it's dried up.

I don't search nickels that often, but lifetime I have searched ~20 boxes or so and have never pulled a single buffalo from a box.

Ive done 8-10 boxes in the past three months, no buffs.

Dang, guess I was livin' the good life for a bit. I'll stop complaining and get back to hunting. :icon_thumright:

I don't know about you but I normally get 2 war 2 buffaloes a box. Mostly the brinks boxes have buffaloes. But when I get a loumis buffalo it almost always has a date.

Benn searching Nickels almost exclusively for the past 3 weeks. In that time I've done 10 boxes, and WOW, only ONE Buffalo Nickel. A pretty well worn 1926-P.
Never really had a Buffalo skunk streak like this. Anyone else having problems scoring Buffalo Nickels as well?

871 rolls of nickels done so far this year, 8 war nickels, 7 buffalo and 2 V nickels. Nickels simply dont produce around here. Dimes, I am lucky if I get 1 per 50 rolls. Halves are my producer and right now, they are not producing either.

My last box of Nickels I did, before I started getting solid 2012, Had four buffalos, 1921, 1937, dateless, and 1924 D. Also had 4 war nickels and about 50 pre 1955

sagittarius98 said:
Probably someone dumped a collection into Loomis a long time ago, and it got spread around among many boxes.

Yeah, not the case today I just got someone's dump/ partial dump. Half had "X" on them. But I did pull a 2009p and a good looking 47's. But I'm transitioning to nickels on Monday tuesday, dimes Wednesday friday halfs thurs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back