The Highs and Lows of THing

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Highs and Lows of TH'ing

Went to the local beach today rough surf ,high tide and really not looking too good . But then I got that sweet mid tone that says " might be a good one " Two scoops later this beauty is in the scoop . That's the high part of detecting . Now for the low --- Take beautiful ring home ,get your tester AND---a fake . As many times as this has happened , it still hard to get used to. (better luck next time) Well ,thanks for looking and I wish you all happy treasure hunting ..

Attachments

• cz 014.JPG
    cz 014.JPG
    542.5 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Sorry about that nice looking ring, Herb; I have also found plenty of those "wannabees" :-[

Next time you'll find the real one:thumbsup:

Lorraine

98% of the time i can tell if its fake or not. but there are the ones that try to fool ya. weight,style it usu key

Bummer. But, "it could have just as easily been real." :thumbsup: Maybe next time it will be.

Been there and done that.....still beats another pulltab......lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Detecting is gold:icon_scratch:

I hear ya brother. Sometimes I think I have as many fakes as real - rings, watches and chains.... I am finding alot of stuff with diamonds this year and some of the diamonds do look pretty nice to me. Anyone know where best to get a diamond tester from for a reasonable price ?

that is a nice looking fake one, guess thats why we keep at it, the next tone could be the REAL one! HH david

I hear ya brother. Sometimes I think I have as many fakes as real - rings, watches and chains.... I am finding alot of stuff with diamonds this year and some of the diamonds do look pretty nice to me. Anyone know where best to get a diamond tester from for a reasonable price ?
Diamond testers are available on E Bay. Happy Holidays!!

Glad you found something! Too bad it was a junker. Hope you had a good day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back