The Hope Stone / Knights Templar

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK what is the Hope Stone, On our last trip to New Ross NS. we did a dig at the same site where we did a TV show for the History Channel looking for gold, tantalite , gems , etc. During the dig we found many gray stones (magnetite ) that looked to be tantalite so we took them home to have them checked out. When we washed them down we found one that looked like it was hand cut and in the shape of a keystone with drawings on each side. This Hope Stone is made of magnetite ( iron ) and we located it with our metal detectors, all of the gray stones read gold / silver yet a magnet will stick to them???? . For years Joan Hope tried to prove that a castle from the 1360's was at this site and last year we had Scott Wolters and a film crew on site and we found more to prove something big was built there. We returned in June and drill at the site for core samples then in Aug we did a dig close to the Holy Well and among the gray stones we found this one . This stone measures 6"long x 5 3/4" high x 1 3/4" front x 3 1/2" back. Since it was found at the Holy Well it had to come from the tower above the well. From its size it looks like it could be from a smaller opening or window . The drawings on both sides could of been made by the Templar workers as they built the tower , this will be up to the experts to decide. A geo. on site thought these where from a meteorite but test are still being done. Since Joan Hope was the founder of this castle I have called it The Hope Stone and I Hope this will prove the Templars made it. I plan to send it back to Nova Scotia and have it checked out on our next trip.

Attachments

• The Hope Stone.JPG
    The Hope Stone.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 771
  • The Hope Stone 3.JPG
    The Hope Stone 3.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 930
  • The Hope Stone 4.JPG
    The Hope Stone 4.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 805
Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found a foundation around the Holy Well with sand mortor and it was old. We also found gold leaf, charco, and many large bolders with 90 degree cuts in them for wood supports for something big. We believe this was a castle built in New Ross NS. and we hope to prove it was built by the Knights Templars. Joan Hope spent years digging at this site to uncover its foundations yet this site is not protected. I don't know what its going to take to get this site checked out to prove who built it. I am open to any ideas or questions you have or any help anyone can offer.
Finders Keepers will continue to work at this site and we will post anything we find on this site.

Last edited:

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
When the Knights Templars came, did they go back to whence they came, or did they stay here. I am just trying to figure out if they stayed and maybe started families and spread across Canada or the States!
Thanks
Joy

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good question that many have tried to answer and I hope some day someone can prove it. I believe the Templars died in New Ross , Nova Scotia at the castle site. Can I prove it NO, but I hope to soon. Did they travel down the coast , maybe they did. We are checking out a shipwreck in the Delaware River that the finder said was a Templar Ship and now I have wood from the ship and we plan to send it out to be carbon dated.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
In reading some of Joan Hope's work regarding the New Ross site, I noticed that her sketch of the original castle parameters looks remarkably similar to the "Tree of Life" or Cabalistic shape that we saw in The Oak Island Curse television show. On the show, we were given the "discovery" of one location stone and the sudden importance of finding the Mercy stone, but with little follow-up or explanation. I would assume that this is the nature of television production; oh well.

Nonetheless, if there is an actual pattern on Oak Island, it seems, at the very least, interesting that the New Ross site (18 miles away) would possibly have the same shape. Is this common for any group? What could be derived from this, theoretically?

On a more direct note, as a newby to this site and novice of the field, I want to thank you, FinderKeeper for sending me down the Joan Hope/New Ross trail. I have found it to be most interesting. Are you and your group still working, or hoping to work the site?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
OK what is the Hope Stone, On our last trip to New Ross NS. we did a dig at the same site where we did a TV show for the History Channel looking for gold, tantalite , gems , etc. During the dig we found many gray stones (magnetite ) that looked to be tantalite so we took them home to have them checked out. When we washed them down we found one that looked like it was hand cut and in the shape of a keystone with drawings on each side.

Very interesting. What do the drawings depict? Do you have a scan or a rubbing of them?
This Hope Stone is made of magnetite ( iron ) and we located it with our metal detectors, all of the gray stones read gold / silver yet a magnet will stick to them???? .

More interesting. What metal detectors were you using? I'm using an E-Trac myself, and the only similarities between gold and silver targets are coincidental. Silver will generally read 12 or lower on the ferrous scale with good conductivity, but gold can be all over the place on both scales depending on the karat/alloy. I'd be very surprised to find a stone that read in silver's conductive range (although they can read as more conductive, interestingly enough), but that can be a geographical issue.

This stone measures 6"long x 5 3/4" high x 1 3/4" front x 3 1/2" back. Since it was found at the Holy Well it had to come from the tower above the well.

No, it didn't. But it might have. Remember our earlier conversation - take nothing for granted.

The drawings on both sides could of been made by the Templar workers as they built the tower , this will be up to the experts to decide.

Was there a tower? Did Templars build it? Again, take nothing for granted.

We know that there were building stones there. Local lore even had an explanation for them. Ms. Hope didn't seem to like it, but it made sense and it was what the locals had been told by their ancestors, who had been told by their ancestors, etc.

You had a number of tests done. Have you received any results yet? I'm interested.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In reading some of Joan Hope's work regarding the New Ross site, I noticed that her sketch of the original castle parameters looks remarkably similar to the "Tree of Life" or Cabalistic shape that we saw in The Oak Island Curse television show. On the show, we were given the "discovery" of one location stone and the sudden importance of finding the Mercy stone, but with little follow-up or explanation. I would assume that this is the nature of television production; oh well. Nonetheless, if there is an actual pattern on Oak Island, it seems, at the very least, interesting that the New Ross site (18 miles away) would possibly have the same shape. Is this common for any group? What could be derived from this, theoretically? On a more direct note, as a newby to this site and novice of the field, I want to thank you, FinderKeeper for sending me down the Joan Hope/New Ross trail. I have found it to be most interesting. Are you and your group still working, or hoping to work the site?

Hi Nostra, Ya we are still working at the site. Last year we made 3 trips and this year we plan to be on site in late spring. We have found artifacts and minerals at the site but until we have something major to show we plan to keep quiet. No matter what we show or tell someone will say we planted it or faked it , just like on Oak Island. The Hope Stone is something we had to post. It was man made and it was part of a arch in a stone building. We have not shown the drawings to anyone yet. They are on both side of the stone. AND they are man made to. I am sure some will think we faked the drawings so for now the less said the better. This stone is something I would hate to give up and I have it under a glass dome and NO ONE has touched it but me. If the Goverment in Nova Scotia wants it back then yes I would be glad for them to check it out and I would hope it would be put on display for every one to view. I do hope to give it to the Hope Library or the New Ross Historical Soc this spring. This stone could be a major find and I hope it can tell a story.

The shape of Hopes Castle is the same shape used in Europe around the 1300's.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
The Hope Stone is something we had to post. It was man made and it was part of a arch in a stone building. We have not shown the drawings to anyone yet. They are on both side of the stone. AND they are man made to. I am sure some will think we faked the drawings so for now the less said the better.

I don't understand this line of reasoning. If you're going to prove anything with this, you're going to have to show it to the world eventually. Why the secrecy?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
I guess that I'll just have to be patient then.

Mike NS

Jan 4, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nostra, Ya we are still working at the site. Last year we made 3 trips and this year we plan to be on site in late spring. We have found artifacts and minerals at the site but until we have something major to show we plan to keep quiet. No matter what we show or tell someone will say we planted it or faked it , just like on Oak Island. The Hope Stone is something we had to post. It was man made and it was part of a arch in a stone building. We have not shown the drawings to anyone yet. They are on both side of the stone. AND they are man made to. I am sure some will think we faked the drawings so for now the less said the better. This stone is something I would hate to give up and I have it under a glass dome and NO ONE has touched it but me. If the Goverment in Nova Scotia wants it back then yes I would be glad for them to check it out and I would hope it would be put on display for every one to view. I do hope to give it to the Hope Library or the New Ross Historical Soc this spring. This stone could be a major find and I hope it can tell a story.

The shape of Hopes Castle is the same shape used in Europe around the 1300's.

Hi - I am new to your site. I have recently become interested in the New Ross, NS, castle ruins, possibly built in the 1300's. Did your group resume site excavation/investigation in 2015? I live 20 minutes from New Ross, and would love to observe/volunteer in any future activities there. Local lore is that Henry Sinclair built a castle between the headwaters of the Gold and Gaspereau Rivers, which of course is where New Ross is located. And, at the mouth of both of those rivers is an "Oak Island" - the one at the mouth of the Gold river being the famous one for treasure hunters. I know many people personally who have scoured the other Oak Island looking for Templar treasure. I am eager to know if you have uncovered any further interesting artifacts, other than the Hope Stone, at the New Ross site.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - I am new to your site. I have recently become interested in the New Ross, NS, castle ruins, possibly built in the 1300's. Did your group resume site excavation/investigation in 2015? I live 20 minutes from New Ross, and would love to observe/volunteer in any future activities there. Local lore is that Henry Sinclair built a castle between the headwaters of the Gold and Gaspereau Rivers, which of course is where New Ross is located. And, at the mouth of both of those rivers is an "Oak Island" - the one at the mouth of the Gold river being the famous one for treasure hunters. I know many people personally who have scoured the other Oak Island looking for Templar treasure. I am eager to know if you have uncovered any further interesting artifacts, other than the Hope Stone, at the New Ross site.

Hi Mike, We have found many artifacts at the site that help us with our research. We do not talk about what we found because everyone will say it was planted just like the artifacts Joan Hope found. It's going to take BIGGER finds that can't be faked to prove who and what was here. This year we hope to prove the tunnels and vault chambers are real. Go to our web site and email Patrick he is our partner in Nova Scotia and he is in charge of help.

Last edited:

Mike NS

Jan 4, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Mike, We have found many artifacts at the site that help us with our research. We do not talk about what we found because everyone will say it was planted just like the artifacts Joan Hope found. It's going to take BIGGER finds that can't be faked to prove who and what was here.

I have no doubt that almost anything you find will be dismissed. The existence of such a castle does not fit mainstream historical narrative, so governments and academics will ridicule and dismiss it to protect their 'settled' narratives - this is hardly a new or surprising phenomenon. Governments and Universities exist primarily to hide and obscure truth, in most areas of study. And it was the manner in which academia/government dismissed and ignored Joan Hope's work, that first drew my interest as a major clue she was onto something. For my own interest, I would love to hear about and see what you have found, but I would not expect you to put it out there to the public. I would gladly sign a non-disclosure document, should you choose to share any info with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread