What's new

The horse I think is led and the other is iron or something...help..

Coinzapper

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
111
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
Found these items at two different locations. The horse I dug up around 8 inches at an old park by a community pool. The other was dug up about 6 inches on an old 1850 chuch ground. Don't have a clue on either of them.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1955.webp
    100_1955.webp
    206.9 KB · Views: 547
  • 100_1956.webp
    100_1956.webp
    109.3 KB · Views: 530
Monty said:
No one can mess around with the pictures on your computer, just here on the forum. You were done a service because your pictures are so big we can't tell much about them and I can't even get them on my screen they are so big! That being said, the first picture is obviously a cast lead toy that is typical of the the period from the twenties up to around the second world war. There were some older ones, but during that period you could buy a kit to cast figures at home. They often came out looking ragged around the edges from first trials. The second item looks like some kind of spool, perhaps that held solder? I'm no expert on lead figurines, so someone else can probably pin it down closer. Monty

Here's an older one I found. (At least I believe it's old) Dug about 25' from a Rev War button, everything from the site had some age to it.
 

Attachments

  • aba.webp
    aba.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Here's an older one I found. (At least I believe it's old) Dug about 25' from a Rev War button, everything from the site had some age to it.
very similar, hat, belt, saddle...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom