the jesuit

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i am going to be totally honest with you , if you can not find anything about them you have very little chance of solveing their work . it never herts to try but do you know what you are getting into . it has taken me 17 years to solve only part of one jesuit code .. there are a few real good ones ...Kino was the best i have seen so far ....his work is what i am solveing . if you get a tree code post me a copy and ill try to read it for you . dont worry i got my hands full with the tayopa & the LDM right now lol ...

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Branch of the Church composed of very well studied men. Most of them new geology very well. They managed to spread throughout the colonies converting the natives to their beliefs and then using them to help out in their searches for richness. Most of the mines that were worked by the spanish were run by Jesuits. They did not report all of their product as to avoid taxes or the "royal fifth". Even to the point of concealing the gold by covering it with candle wax. They have left ruins throughout latin America, even in places that, to me, are uninhabitable. I have seen their ruins and work.

They were kicked out of the colonies by the crown around 1725 if I am not mistaken. Forced to leave many riches behind in the form of treasure and also hidding the entrances to many of their mines. They hoped that with time and change of king, they might return.

There is a book based on an exploration carried out by an American who spent many years searching for one of these treasures in Bolivia, very interesting reading. Book is dated 1922 but the actual expedition took place from 1903 to 1907.

You can find good literature in "google books" type the title you are looking for , this one is "adventures in Bolivia" free to download.

Gilbert

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
The Jesuits are known as the Society of Jesus; their US branch has a web site:
http://www.jesuit.org/
Wikipedia has a fair explanation of the Order:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus

If you are expecting to find any information FROM the Jesuits concerning any kind of treasures or lost mines that are attributed to them - forget it. Their official position on this subject is that they NEVER had any treasures NOR any mines. Just tracking down proof of their involvement is a tough proposition.
Oroblanco

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One example

Attachments

• Bol2JPEG.JPG
    Bol2JPEG.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 449
  • BOL JPEG.JPG
    BOL JPEG.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 459

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gentlemen,

It's amazing how much distrust is aimed at our government, unless they are saying what we want to hear. The people that put these studies together were relying on information being passed up the pipeline from every kind of source. They has no personal knowledge.......just a story.

South America is not the same situation as old Mexico, so I am not saying that the Jesuits were not involved in mining in that country. What happened in South America is one of the reasons why Jesuit mining in Mexico is less likely.......not more likely.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think it is a matter of distrust, we are just showing that the Jesuits did indeed work gold mines in the west Indies.
When they were doing these activities there was NO established goverments in the area as the territories were still colonies of the crown. So no goverment involvement for me.

Gilbert

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey all,
OK...... Wild idea... " IF " ( playing devils advocate here ) did mine all this treasure and they sealed up a ton... Why wouldn't they cut a deal toady and go get it ??? Meaning cut a deal with the new government or local small town authority. Or... how do we know that thru the years they haven't already dug it up ??? ( just wondering )

PLL

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Pegleglooker wrote:
Wild idea... " IF " ( playing devils advocate here ) did mine all this treasure and they sealed up a ton... Why wouldn't they cut a deal toady and go get it Meaning cut a deal with the new government or local small town authority. Or... how do we know that thru the years they haven't already dug it up

A fair question, and one would think that a pragmatic General of the Order would not hesitate to make such arrangements whenever necessary. However it appears that they have never made any kind of deals like this. One of the reasons I have heard, is that they feel no reason to make a deal for a percentage of the treasures, when they own it 100%. Remember too that the official position is that they never did any mining and had no treasures, so if they ever agreed publicly to any kind of deal in which they would admit ownership of some treasure, it would prove they had been lying for centuries.

A thing to keep in mind is that the Society of Jesus does not "think" in the terms of a single lifetime - they are patient in the extreme and can afford to wait for centuries if necessary to achieve their aims. So while it would make sense to you or I, if we had a great treasure and could not get it - to make a deal with a person or group that could rather than take the secret to the grave - but to the Society, there is no need to do this when all they have to do is wait until they have full access.

Where is mi amigo Lamar? He is fluent in the Jesuit history and positions on this subject, I am sure he would love to weigh in. Just an observation...

Gilbert, I am among those who are convinced that the Jesuits were in fact involved in mining in the Americas, and realize that much of the evidence is marginal at best - what the skeptics demand is some kind of absolute documentation from the Jesuits themselves, which is not going to materialize. We have good reason to suspect that at least some documents have been either hidden or deliberately destroyed. One example of a particular type of document that is strangely MISSING are WILLS and execution of estates; we know that the padres were involved in making many last wills and testaments, yet we have only a single example today, and that one is from a person despised by the Jesuits as an enemy. Cactusjumper and (I would guess) Lamar are quick to dismiss the evidence we find in such sources like the example you posted, perhaps un-fairly; how can we say, as Joe (Cactusjumper) does, that the statements in such a government-published source are just the result of "gossip"? There is a reason why we keep finding these traces, from what might be termed "secondary" sources, as the old saying goes - "where there is a lot of smoke...." I do not dismiss these evidences and would suggest that any treasure hunter serious about searching for lost mines do a bit of research into them before dismissing them as well.
Oroblanco

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Oro,
Got to agree with you.The Jesuits are playing chess while the rest of us play checkers.Their direction in continuing to keep these treasures hidden is not farfetched either.Power such as theirs is not to be discounted.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Oro,
If they believe that they own it 100 % and some of these are in some of the MOST remote area's on earth ( and I agree with that ). Why would they not just go out there and.... get it... or at least verify it's there. In other words send out a padre ? who has a arche background lika Indiana Jones with a frock.... Think of how much good things they could do with the gold.... I think that " if " they were caught our beloved govt would want to take it from them and THAT !! maybe why they leave it alone.....AAAAA what cha think ???

PLL

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Pegleglooker wrote:
Why would they not just go out there and.... get it... or at least verify it's there. In other words send out a padre ?

As far as I could determine, the Society has done just that - repeatedly, and even recently. I suggest you ask our mutual amigo Real de Tayopa about some "visitors" he has had at his mines.
Oroblanco

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not familiar with the political or social situation in Latin America, except for Bolivia. If a Jesuit or anyone for that matter would go to the goverment and say" I have a treasure that I want to dig up, lets make a deal", He would most likely be met with the following results:

1. Anything below 60 cm (25 inches) deep in the ground is property of the goverment.(oil, minerals also)
2. Would get questioned and drained of information and then deported.
3. May never be seen again.

Most people, including me, that look for caches do it in a secretive way. Get in and get out as quick as possible. Even night searches without light are met with the magical apearance of natives asking what you are doing and if you find anything they want their share because they are part of that comunity and its their right. This happened to me many times but one stood out. I was teaken to a site and located a possible target in the middle of the woods. The leader of the area appeared, ill mannered, demanding his share for the comunity. I proceeded to pretend I was searching in an area far away from the actual target and told him " It is here, its large but very deep, I will come back some other time". I bet those fools dug a hole 15 feet deep.

Small caches are some what easier to deal with. BIG treasures like the ones buried by Jesuits would probably require more than 3 shovels of dirt to uncover. This would be laborious and extensive work leaving too much time for others to notice what is going on.

The book "adventures in Bolivia" written 100 yrs ago shows just this. Going after a large Jesuit treasure, being poisoned, shot at etc. Keep in mind that now "campesinos" feel more empowered than ever with the Leftist in power that preach to them that they have been enslaved for 500 yrs.

Gilbert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions