The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How "Magnanimous" of you...Your quote "WE are looking for what may have happen on Oak Island. Just That."
You, ECS, and the rest who say that the Templar's had nothing to do with OAK Island, Why are you on this thread?
This thread is"knights-templar-connection-oak-island-challenge". You have no connection theory...all you are doing is attacking people...
You seem to be pretty good at "attacking people", yourself. :thumbsup:
PS: Have had the chance to read my Steampunk version on the "Hard To Believe" thread?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Only when provoked...Steampunk? No on the "Steampunk"
I thought you would enjoy that steampunk version example on how names, items, and locations can be employed to fabricate a different look as to how the Oak Island hole was formed.
Not so different than many of the other far fetched versions presented on this thread, now is it?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Suggest you go back and reread the thread...answered that...

This thread is 29 pages long. You know where you answered that. I don't. I'd consider it a kindness if you directed me to a specific post. Given that I'm looking for a fairly quick and simple answer (what history books?), you could also repeat the answer. My apologies in advance if I scrolled past it, and I won't do so again.

I ask again, if you have no "Connection Theory of the Templar's to Oak Island" why are you on this thread?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Connection Theory of the Templars to Oak Island." Are you asking whether or not I have a theory about a Templar connection to Oak Island? If you are, I don't feel that the two subjects are in any way related. If you're asking about something else, please clarify.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki is definitely interested in your documented evidence of the Templars fleeing to Scotland, treasure1822.

When I wrote I was interested in documented evidence I was referring to your statement about there being some. Most Templar historians agree some escaped to Scotland, out of the reach of the Pope and King's of France and England, at least for the time being. Myself, I premise a few of the missing vessels wintered at the friendly to them, Ardchatten Priory before leaving in the spring for parts unknown.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... as there is also no documented evidence that they (the Knights Templar) escaped to Scotland! If you do have some I could use it please...
As you stated, Loki, there exists "no documented evidence" that the Templars escaped to Scotland, or "parts unknown" for that matter.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As you stated, Loki, there exists "no documented evidence" that the Templars escaped to Scotland, or "parts unknown" for that matter.

Only the word of credited Templar historians that say some probably settled in Scotland, as for "parts unknown", that is a given!

The Knights Templar were actually members of the Cistercian Order, and the Ardchattan Priory was Valliscaulian, a sister organization. In other words any Templars arriving at the Ardchattan Priory on Loch Etive would have been warmly welcomed in late 1307. There is evidence that the Priory later became Cistercian.

In late 1307 the Monks at Ardchattan would have had no knowledge of the events concerning the Templars in France.

Another interesting fact about Ardchattan was the secret meeting held there in early 1308 by Robert the Bruce.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Only the word of credited Templar historians that say some probably settled in Scotland, as for "parts unknown", that is a given!...
Who are these "credited Templar historians"?
...or do you mean credulous?
In so many of these claims concerning the Templars, credulity is the given.
Most legitimate historians consider the Ardchattan Priory which "may" have become Cistercian in the 1500's connection to the Templars as pure myth, created by Victorian romantic writers like Sir Walter Scott.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who are these "credited Templar historians"?
...or do you mean credulous?
In so many of these claims concerning the Templars, credulity is the given.
Most legitimate historians consider the Ardchattan Priory which "may" have become Cistercian in the 1500's connection to the Templars as pure myth, created by Victorian romantic writers like Sir Walter Scott.

Who are your legitimate historians? I have already named my historians!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Templars became the Knights of Christ in Portugal.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who are your legitimate historians? I have already named my historians!
Loki, if you go to the official website of Ardchattan Priory, which is managed by the historical organization who handle the physical maintenance and affairs of the Priory property, the information you posted as fact is addressed and is dismissed as lore and misinformation.
One would think if the Templar connection to Ardchattan was true, it would be foremost in their presentation, but the point was made that it is NOT true.
You may need to check the credibility of your "credited Templar historians" credibly, due to their disposition to present findings based on slight evidence presented to the credulous as fact.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki, if you go to the official website of Ardchattan Priory, which is managed by the historical organization who handle the physical maintenance and affairs of the Priory property, the information you posted as fact is addressed and is dismissed as lore and misinformation.
One would think if the Templar connection to Ardchattan was true, it would be foremost in their presentation, but the point was made that it is NOT true.
You may need to check the credibility of your "credited Templar historians" credibly, due to their disposition to present findings based on slight evidence presented to the credulous as fact.

There you go with your own disinformation. I never wrote that it was a known fact that the Templars visited Ardchattan, it is only my premise, along with a few others.
And I have spent considerable time on the website of Ardchattan (actually there are several websites), Some of my relatives are from that area. Do the Ardchattan historians know exactly what Robert the Bruce discussed there? Or even the exact date, 1308 or 1309? Very little is really known about the early events at Ardchattan! Who would know much about a couple of ships wintering there in 1307-1308?

What i did write, was that many respectable Templar historians say some knights escaped to Scotland. You do realize that although all of Ardchattan is in Scotland, not all of Scotland is Ardchattan?

And yes, it is also well known that many Templars simply joined the Knights of Christ in Portugal. But it is important to note that at the time of their arrest in France the Knights of Christ did not exist and they had no knowledge at the time they would be safe there. No radio or telephones or ect.

I also wrote that "parts unknown" was a given, any problem with that?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I don't cite sources because of the attitude of the person asking.
If someone was sincere in their questioning and not only cherry picking information attempting to trap me I would gladly share documented sources, including those sources from well respected historians...
No one is attempting to "trap" you by requesting you to cite the source of the suspect questionable information to cavalierly post as "fact".
Your constant denial to cote sources makes one wonder of these "credited well respected historians" are cut from the same cloth as Harold T Wilkins, Andrew Sinclair, Baigent & Leigh, Picknett & Prince, and others who embellish basic facts to create a pattern to fabricate an entirely dressed up suit, all shine and new, but wears very thin from the poor quality of material and construction.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There you go with your own disinformation. I never wrote that it was a known fact that the Templars visited Ardchattan, it is only my premise, along with a few others.
And I have spent considerable time on the website of Ardchattan (actually there are several websites), Some of my relatives are from that area. Do the Ardchattan historians know exactly what Robert the Bruce discussed there? Or even the exact date, 1308 or 1309? Very little is really known about the early events at Ardchattan! Who would know much about a couple of ships wintering there in 1307-1308?

What i did write, was that many respectable Templar historians say some knights escaped to Scotland. You do realize that although all of Ardchattan is in Scotland, not all of Scotland is Ardchattan?

And yes, it is also well known that many Templars simply joined the Knights of Christ in Portugal. But it is important to note that at the time of their arrest in France the Knights of Christ did not exist and they had no knowledge at the time they would be safe there. No radio or telephones or ect.

I also wrote that "parts unknown" was a given, any problem with that?

Cheers, Loki

Ha ha, it is to laugh ECS, any time I post you seem to reply with disinformation. Its fine at least you help me keep this alive!

Why don't you answer the above reply to your own post from yesterday?

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Most Templar historians agree some escaped to Scotland, out of the reach of the Pope and King's of France and England, at least for the time being.
Myself, I premise a few of the missing vessels wintered at the friendly to them, Ardchatten Priory before leaving in the spring for parts unknown.
It is interesting that you "premised" a stay at Ardchattan Priory after stating you have read their official sites where their official legitimate historians have discounted the Templar staying and connection as myth and lore.
So why would you "premise" information that by your own admission knowing it was discredited as false by historians?
That and your not revealing these "credited Templar historians" you always reference, along with your claims of being trapped" by questions posted by others as you cast snide retorts, does cast a shadow of doubt on the credibility of the information you post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread