What's new

The last two mornings.

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
Because of the rain we have been having I got a late start out yesterday morning. I hunted in the rain. It was only a light drizzle and since I get wet anyway.. why not? I didn't find much. I found one cheap hoop earring. It looks pretty and looks gold but it is just a cheapo. But it was kind of funny.... remember the pictures I posted of me in my "toy" kayak? Well I found out that I am required to have a life jacket and a whistle even with one of those sooooo I had a vest. It's an old type bright orange one but it's a vest and I went to Walmart and bought a cheap whistle. I could have saved myself a couple bucks! Guess what I found yesterday? What else? A whistle! ::)

080810.jpg

This morning I went out and I haven't been to this place for about 3 weeks. I was sure I was going to find some goodies. Again... I didn't. Boy, whoever is hunting around in my areas is real good because they aren't leaving me much at all. Generally I at least get a few coins! Not lately. Today I got another cheapo hoop earring and a "thing". The thing - I think - is a net of some kind for the hair? I am just guessing. You pull both ends together and one end loops over the other to hook. Whatever it is - I wouldn't wear it in my hair! All those beads..... they would get caught in my hair. Maybe it isn't what I thought. Any ideas?

080910.jpg


Well it wasn't very productive but still it was a good day. I hope yours is as good or better. HH :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Of course you found a whistle after you bought one, isn't that the way it always goes. I've found plenty of brass whistles and they had the wood bean or what ever you call it inside.
 
Sandman said:
Of course you found a whistle after you bought one, isn't that the way it always goes. I've found plenty of brass whistles and they had the wood bean or what ever you call it inside.
Mine does too! It works! Well, now I have a spare. ::)
 
ok I'm lost sorry . why do you have to carry a "rape Whistle" in a kayak?
 
It is good to attract attention should you capsize. Be good for us all to carry one if we aren't packing a gun.
 
Tank69 said:
ok I'm lost sorry . why do you have to carry a "rape Whistle" in a kayak?

The officer I talked to said that no matter what the size you have to have a life jacket AND a whistle of some kind. I don't need any tickets (if these guys really give them out). I did what he told me. I know on a boat you need to have a vest for each person on a boat but I didn't know you needed one on a tiny little "toy" kayak. But.... those are easier to capsize so it stands to reason. Better safe than sorry.
 
Did'nt know you could blow a whistle under water. :D Just kidd'n
 
Sandman said:
I've found plenty of brass whistles and they had the wood bean or what ever you call it inside.

A bean is exactly what the ball inside a whistle is called. The older ones had a cork bean and now they use synthetic rubber instead.

mumszie said:
The officer I talked to said that no matter what the size you have to have a life jacket AND a whistle of some kind. I don't need any tickets (if these guys really give them out). I did what he told me.

Mumz they do give them out and frequently. Reason being is really not for your safety as one might think, it rather boils down to: it's a source of revenue for the state and the department issuing the citation as well as stats/recognition for the officers career advancement/job security that issued the citation. That is the plain and honest truth.
 
Does this mean I'll be looking for an orange lifevest if your in the area? ;D See ya soon!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom