the legend of the one armed bandets in jackson ca.

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
most people don,t know this but the last legal place you could gamble in California was jackson, ca thy had legal gambling there until 1959 .thats when Governor jerry brown Sr closed it down , and everybody in town thought that after Governor browns stay in office was over that gambling would return to jackson, ca. because it was believed that the gambling would return so soon to jackson theres a legend that a large amount of the one armed bandits where berried in a place called Chinese grave yard road (this is the place where thy used to berrie the Chinese miners when thy died) so that on the day that gambling was made legal again thy could be quickly pulled out and put back in service as soon as possible. Ive talked to quite a few of the old timers and have had several tell me that it was true .most of them will also clam that most if not all where latter dug up and sent somewhere Else. i can nether conform or denies this legend but i have heard it on quite a few occasions from different sources. at diffrant times , on a side note it is sead that when a Chinese would die thy would place him in a big clay jar siting up right then thy would place a coin in his mouth ( this was payment for the ferrymen to take him to the outher side) then thy would place a large candle in with him light it and put some sort of cork on top of the jar .as the candle burned down it would use up all of the oxygen in the jar and it would cause a vacuum to pull the cork down tight. i also have no way to conform this legend but it a good story eather way

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um? Your post is a little confusing to me with respect to Governor Brown(Sr.)....I get the part of the buried slot machines, but I just want you to know that the Governors term was from January 5, 1959 to January 3, 1967....I remember this guy very well, and in my opinion, he was a putz!....So how does the term of this governor fit in to the story? I am curious....

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SushiDog said:
Um? Your post is a little confusing to me with respect to Governor Brown(Sr.)....I get the part of the buried slot machines, but I just want you to know that the Governors term was from January 5, 1959 to January 3, 1967....I remember this guy very well, and in my opinion, he was a putz!....So how does the term of this governor fit in to the story? I am curious....
I hope the voters remember this on Tuesday, (2 more days.) I think that those of us who remember his "reign" would rather NOT have him back as governor. Unfortunately, Madeline would probably be worse. Yikes!!! :dontknow: :help:

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SushiDog said:
I think this post is "cooked"....like burnt toast....finished....SushiDog

Now THAT is a totally useless statement!

S

stefen

Well! Goodbye :thumbsup:

Oops...Today is Tuesday and supposedly you were to unsubcribe sometime Sunday...

Just a wonderin :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions