The manila folder comes out...another 100 coins

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well this hunt started out slow.... Weather was cool till the last hour and looks like the hot weather has returned... :( The second hour was very good with a few coin spills. Ended up staying over 3 hours a lot of pennies and dimes. The ground is still very soft after 4 days of rain. Sat by tree and counted coins on way out...for once count was correct. :)

Attachments

• August 22 100 coins.jpg
    August 22 100 coins.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 487
  • August 22 sorted coins.jpg
    August 22 sorted coins.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
Nice haul, - cool weather and rain - ooooohhhh to see some of that, hit 102 here yesterday and we are down about 1 1/2 ft of rain for the year - ground is hard

NC_Horn said:
Nice haul, - cool weather and rain - ooooohhhh to see some of that, hit 102 here yesterday and we are down about 1 1/2 ft of rain for the year - ground is hard

When the ground got hard here for a month I noticed my numbers were cut in half...I was having trouble getting to 50 coins in 3-4 hours...and that was with all the pennies...<which are everywhere in the parks I hunt.....

good job with the detecting your surely hungry for that record, we should call you the cal ripken of detecting, that record of yours is getting close i bet of 10thousand, wtg

Soil hardness definately does make a difference, both in digging and getting everything to look ok after you're done. I noticed your counter as 3k something to go..........you are well on your way down the hill Gregg. You have four months to go........you are about on schedule, and I'm sure whatever parks you have left on your list to visit will be even more loaded/seeded after the summer. This should speed your downhill run up a bit. Keep going Gregg.

Congrats on another manila day! The ground here is as hard as rocks now, and last month we were flooding. You keep that up and the 10000 is just around the corner. Way to go!

The manilla folder again :P :P......you must have run out of paper plates and stayed out til you got 100 coins..... ;D

That goal is getting closer and closer......Congrats on another 100 coin hunt!!!!!

Congrats on another 100+ day. I'm sure all that rain made it alot easier to get the coins out!!

Good going Gregg!!

I was over at a big park near me a few months ago and was detecting near the picnic tables. I got signals every few inches, thought my maching was going south.

Started digging and kept coming up with car parts and stuff. Spark plugs, brake cables etc. I finally called it quits after a half hour and soaked with sweat. I had covered about 3 square feet. I never went back, thinking this park is on an old junk yard lot or something.

I think I'm going to stop by and try the soccer fields out back and see what's up there. You've got me inspired!!

Jack

JackInFlorida said:
Good going Gregg!!

I was over at a big park near me a few months ago and was detecting near the picnic tables. I got signals every few inches, thought my maching was going south.

Started digging and kept coming up with car parts and stuff. Spark plugs, brake cables etc. I finally called it quits after a half hour and soaked with sweat. I had covered about 3 square feet. I never went back, thinking this park is on an old junk yard lot or something.

I think I'm going to stop by and try the soccer fields out back and see what's up there. You've got me inspired!!

Jack

Jack when I hit our open forest preserves that happens to me! If I dig 10-15 coins an hour in the forest preserves I am happy. Almost all my quarter signals there are cans buried....one of the few times with tone id on with the dfx that i continually get fooled. Without tone id I would not be able to dig half the coins I do, the small coil (5.3) I use also helps...good luck those soccer field sidelines where the people watch, sit jump hopefully will produce for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back