The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

Brendann

Mar 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to obtain a copy from a very gracious member here, so I am now good. The cover is beautiful, and the book looks stupendous!! I plan on having it printed out and spiral bound at Staples or the like for myself, but put me down for a real hardcopy. Thanks to all who made this possible!!

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mariposagoldbag,

Hope all is well up in Seattle and things are going good for you. Glad to read you have completed Eagles book ..I am looking forward to buying one myself. I have been busy since i closed the shop..hunting gold here and there and everywhere :hello:. Had some luck, but the game changer has not showed her shine yet :dontknow:. It' out there.. so I continue. lol But pretty much same ole stuff here in Posa...looking forward to Summer and the River...let us know when the book is available. I am sure there will be plenty of us on this forum getting one or two....Take care,

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I'm probably only about half way through this thread. Enjoying it wonderfully! I look forward to reading the stories eagle wrote. It's unfortunate he is no longer with us. I now think of him and hermit Pete when I'm in the Briceburg area.

Brendann

Mar 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WalkingEagleBook.jpg
I printed the book out and had it spiral bound at the UPS store, which makes for nicer reading than off a screen.

Brendann

Mar 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quality is really good. I am quite pleased. I printed it out on a color laser printer, and the binding cost $3.89.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if threads get deleted for lack of activity, but just in case, I am writing this comment. I read a few stories a week (when I have the time) and there is no way I can stop now! I would have loved to meet Eagle. Because of this thread and his influence, I work the same areas mentioned in this story. I live about an hour or so from Briceburg. Well, I'm off to read some more! Might make a run out to mariposa area tomorrow with my GB2. Hope all is well, everyone!

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to hit briceburg soon just been waiting for water to drop and hoping to go in and do some under water sniping on some bedrock. I'll try to remember to put a shout out here if any one else is able to make it I have a spot in mind and I know for sure of other spots in Bagby but not much in briceburg but figure just driving along the river will find some. water levels look to be very low so now is the time guys.

Merced - Below Briceburg

Last edited:

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im going to hit briceburg soon just been waiting for water to drop and hoping to go in and do some under water sniping on some bedrock. I'll try to remember to put a shout out here if any one else is able to make it I have a spot in mind and I know for sure of other spots in Bagby but not much in briceburg but figure just driving along the river will find some. water levels look to be very low so now is the time guys.

Merced - Below Briceburg

Yes!!! Now is the time buddy. Went briceburg a few times this month and the level is super low. I've never done any sniping (even though I e always thought it would be interesting) but did a little digging and running cons through my sluice and found some small gold. Nothing too exciting but for only having a little time in the field, it's always exciting to see color! Hit me up if you want a partner. I'm always solo, so it would be nice to have a partner.

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you guys go to Briceburg in the Summer take a mask and snorkel, a weight belt, 4 pound sledge and some chisels. Find a shallow area with cracks and start sniping!! One of the easiest ways to find some nice pieces having fun in the water. I worked below the bridge and did well.... just swim and find the most likely spots gold will be trapped. Oned time I pilled out a small slab and under it was 3.5 grams of fine gold I sucked up with a sucker. I have never found gold with a metal detector in the area, but did find coins and a gold ring. Lots of trash over the years...best bet would be to go to Bagby and hike up to the early diggins....Solomons Gulch and hit the tailing piles...good luck...anyone heard from Mike, he has not posted in a while....Mike if your around...hope all is well with you up in Washington....

Coasty14

Oct 21, 2016
Loomis Ca
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1220x
Tresaro Gold Sabre
Whites TDI
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I miss your wonderful stories and wise advice good Friend. You will live forever in my mind and heart.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I would very much like to read this book, if anyone here can tell me how I might get a copy. As noted above, the downlink one gets in response to a gmail email is defunct.

Thank you!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you! I now have a copy. This is a labor of love - almost 300 pages. Wow!

It's a testament to someone who wanted to leave behind a legacy. A lesson for us all...

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Oct 8, 2010
Jamestown, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP 3500, Whites GM3, Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Coming back to this thread after being absent 3 years (life changes). I'm heartbroken. I met EagleDown at Briceburg in Aug. 2013, and recieved "the tour". I cherish that memory. I miss you Eagle. Now, you soar above us.

Coming back to my old love, detecting. Will be visiting Briceburg and Bagby this spring. Now I live "up here" in the general area, much closer.

Best wishes to all, good gold.

Jerry

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread