The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

JHAtwater

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you guys like it, please don't hesitate to give me some feedback....

I downloaded it last night and scrolled through it. It looks good so far. Thank you for your hard work getting it together for us, I am sure it wasn't easy. When it goes to press I think I told Eagle I would purchase six of them and I plan on honoring that. So you can put me down for six if you are keeping track. Thanks again for your work.

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am downloading the book now and looking forward to seeing whats there, I cant wait.

Ahh so great makes me miss Eagle and wish now i had spent more time with him, only had that one visit.....

Last edited:

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be in Briceburg tomorrow i drive a grey toyota highlander if Im there stop by i'll be sniping about a mile from the bridge

Nope never made it up but SOON :BangHead:

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Gold bag.

Any idea what it would cost to print 1,000?

I think you could get a lot of money fronted......thanks for your effort.

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not exactly sure of the cost to print but I did speak with Ray Mills a little about what went into making his book and it sounds like its going to be up there. I'm sure there's gotta be a bunch of places up here in seattle who print books so I'll start looking into when I get a chance.

So how does the book look to everyone?

If your having any issue with downloading from the link please just send me a private message.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't sat down to read it but what I saw I liked. Being 'old fashioned' I'll probably print it first but that being said what is the possibility of raising printing costs by using Amazon/Kindle and or Barnes & Noble/Nook? Kickstarter? Go Fund Me? Just thinking 'out loud'.

Thanks for all your work on this.
C-dad

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had an Uncle that owned a publishing company, he would have printed it at cost, died from a stroke last summer.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to see the digital version.
Sending over an e-mail now. :)

SpaceJunk

Jun 29, 2013
San Jose
Detector(s) used
gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got a hold of the draft (thank you) and have been having a hard time putting it down. That whole area has been a favorite place to mine for me and this book will make me much more familiar with the area then I was. Other then some formatting issues the book is high quality and no ads! I hate paying full price for a book and a third of it is all advertisements! Once this book goes to print I will definitely be buying a couple.

Thanks so much for all the hard work!

Rowdy Yates

Nov 15, 2006
Coulterville, California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Excellent read!! Having lived and mined in Mariposa County over the past 35 years, I can relate to everything Walking Eagle has to say, and knew a few folks mentioned in the book. I couldn't find many edits, and I agree that the book should be kept in Eagle's original format, which perfectly describes who he was. Six months or so, before his passing, we were planning to meet up and do a little exploring and campfire swapping of stories. I'm very sorry that it never had a chance to happen. Great job Mariposagoldbag!! If it comes out in hardcover or paperback, put me down for a copy, no matter what the cost.

Thanks,

Rick

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ABSOLUTELY PRINT IT goldbag
I went up to Briceburg today took a hike over to hermit petes place, interesting area right there saw the big cedar tree and there are some fresh claim post markers in the area so beware there guys. We worked an area where saxon creek comes in and there is a claim down stream from that spot not far away so be careful if you go there, we didnt find much but we were just sampling, we found a nice big crystal right there on the rock bar it defiently came from up the hill.
I drove my partner around and showed him places Eagle shared with us on the trip a few of us made to meet him a few years ago I remembered quite a few spots and I even found that one spot he wanted to work where boulders were sitting on bedrock right on the road, I found the large boulders he took pictures of and yeah, someones been diggin there LOL. Merced river is very low right now still plenty of water to run a sluice box the weather was nice today not to hot but i swam around shirtless and am burnt like hell. We met a nice gentleman who had 2 sons with him and invited him to dig near us since we were leaving and were on some gold, im guessing they find the nugget we left behind :)

At one point I was just floating on the water looking up in the sky and saw a large hawk flying over me and thought of Eagle, kinda felt his presence there, its a beautiful river I love that river, the gold is hard to find, but this time of year is a good time to go especially now, the waters almost warm it felt great, watch out for the small leaches on the rocks I had them all over me when I was sliding around on them trying to get out the river, pretty gross :) going back again soon I want to find more tertiary channel to dig in maybe eagles boulder spot next time ....

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always great to come back to this thread to ghost along, following the famous literary footprints left by Eagle.

I don't think I ever met anyone that was more willing to share the hard-earned knowledge he'd gained about mining.

He truly was a one-of-a-kind, a fantastic human being.

All the best,

Lanny

familyhunter

Oct 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day we will all have to get together and go get some of this gold Eagle showed and told us about

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For my friend:

Medicine/Holy Man.
Ancient blood bond
With the living earth.
Country proudly served
As roamer of oceans and lands,
Listening carefully, gathering up legends.
His wish through life with hopeful understanding,
A life-guide for others to avoid the adversities he suffered.
Keeper of secrets, golden knowledge his to share.
Finder of treasures, of lost Spanish mines.
Story gatherer, keeper of tales
Who trod the earth at peace
On precious soil he loved.
Now secret tales whisper.
Walking Eagle truly soars . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions