The new ace 350 coughed up silver within first hour!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, got our new ace 350 today and flew home from work to give it a try. I must admit it is difficult pinpointing with it, im used to the bounty hunter. anyhow, we hit a small tot lot that i believe was a house back in the 30's, got a few clad, a 1945 wheatie and the .925 silver ring, MY FIRST SILVER RING!!:headbang: its all bent outta shape but hey ill take it! man i do need to learn the settings better for the ace though, i was digging huge holes but coming up empty, i dunno...... SAM_2291.JPG SAM_2298.JPG

Upvote 0

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the pin pointing on the ace350 easy breezy you just need some practice at it and you will be amazed on how well it does.....i just dont like the fact a bottle cap is a dead ringer on dime/quarter reads...grtz on the first silver maybe you find many more

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the pin pointing on the ace350 easy breezy you just need some practice at it and you will be amazed on how well it does.....i just dont like the fact a bottle cap is a dead ringer on dime/quarter reads...grtz on the first silver maybe you find many more

i actually watched the instructional dvd, lol, i was making some dumb mistakes, i see now where the hotspot of the coil is and should have an easier time w it now

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Set the mode to "jewelry" and then set the descrim to ONE notch below a nickel. This way, you'll still find the jewlery, coins, etc., but cancel out the iron targets. Keep the factory setting for the sensitivity until you get used to the mahcine. I had a 350 for a bit and found MANY great things with it...Get a Sniper Coil for the trashier areas...

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you pinpoint over a target you can hit the pin point again on top of the target and it really fine tunes it ...try it afew times you will understand what im talking about

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set the mode to "jewelry" and then set the descrim to ONE notch below a nickel. This way, you'll still find the jewlery, coins, etc., but cancel out the iron targets. Keep the factory setting for the sensitivity until you get used to the mahcine. I had a 350 for a bit and found MANY great things with it...Get a Sniper Coil for the trashier areas...

thanks for the advice, ill try that my next time out

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you pinpoint over a target you can hit the pin point again on top of the target and it really fine tunes it ...try it afew times you will understand what im talking about

yeah ive tried that, works pretty good too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread