Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been here a while and I got this thing figured out. You know there's no comparison whatsoever between my job and the folks who work there and TNet, but funny thing, at this same time they changed up the computer system at work. And all y'all in supervisory positions know how it is at work. You change one little thing from the way it was done in the last 20 years and the world is thrown into chaos. I will admit I had about 5 minutes of confusion, cause all my files were gone. Not really, everything was still there, you just had to look around for it. Same with the new Tnet, I guess. (And to all y'all at work: Another one of the reasons my pic is on a poster in the hallway at the store, and yours ain't.)

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
running at 800 X 600 I know that is pretty coarse but if I go any higher all my programs become tiny. Even at that resolution I am happy with all the images I come across, still very good detail. Can't do a screen shot.

On ALL OTHER chat groups I do not have this problem.

The additional skin that we are working on should be a bit better for you. Give us a few days to get it going and let me know if it works better for you.

This site is painfully slow and sticky for me too.I was going to open a pay pal account just so I could donate,now I am not so sure.

You are probably using IE. We are working on figuring out why IE has problems -- will take at least a couple of days, IF we can find it. However, using Firefox or Chrome will work right away (or Safari or Opera for that matter) -- only IE has the problem. I know this isn't an ideal solution for many, but it's a temporary workaround until we can track it down.

I've been here every day since the switch and I have no clue why people think it's "slow".

As Cereal Killer mentioned -- it is a bug we have found with IE -- so people using IE will experience it while others will not. But, we are working on it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already "donated" I think I should ask for a refund.

Did some big corporation buy this forum? Big corporations do not listen to their customers and do what they want because they (the "suits") think they know best. (think ebay) Or did a small group of metal detectorists (who listen to their buddies) buy this place?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The additional skin that we are working on should be a bit better for you. Give us a few days to get it going and let me know if it works better for you.

You are probably using IE. We are working on figuring out why IE has problems -- will take at least a couple of days, IF we can find it. However, using Firefox or Chrome will work right away (or Safari or Opera for that matter) -- only IE has the problem. I know this isn't an ideal solution for many, but it's a temporary workaround until we can track it down.

I do not really want ot add another program to 3 computers. I have enough on them already.

Why don't you just add a button to change back to the old "skin"? It seems my only complaint right now is having to scroll lt & rt just to read anything. If you can fix that I may be happy enough to keep my mouth shut. I have 4 web sites that I do all the programming for. I have an idea what your problem is. You have told the page (and everything else) to be a certain width in pixels, so the page has to be so wide. It should be told a certain percentage to fit everyones screen. Now I must admit I only know HTML I do not like to write with stylesheets or java so I might be wrong.

Just make it to fit everyones screen width without reducing the type size. I have not been here enough to see if there are other problems.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are doing great, keep up the good work. I for one appreciate the hours of work you have put in and the patience you have shown.

Last edited:

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whelp, Tnet crashed my computer not once but twice. The adobe loader messed up and my whole ship went down.

I don't need a security token for every post. The pop-up letting me know I got a message is totally un-needed (are college kids programming this?)

I don't need a pop-up just to upload (annoying). Takes to much time and resources.

When I post, I type more than three characters, then it tells me I "need another token to play", and I am like "WTH?"

At one time you could upload your Kmz and Kml's in the same uploader with the pics -what give's.

And why is there an "advertisement on every page"? Are you that hard-up for money???

The only question is why weren't some of these features added into private groups (like really make it private so some one can't just mossy up and take a peak?)

And please get those dang treasure boxes -so gaudy- off the middle of the threads (you have done plastered the whole site).

Have you ever heard of the K.I.S.S. motto? (Keep it simple stupid). You don't need to put a ba-zillion features into it.

I think you guys are looking at this from a business and programmers point of view and not a user's <.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whelp, Tnet crashed my computer not once but twice. The adobe loader messed up and my whole ship went down.

I don't need a security token for every post. The pop-up letting me know I got a message is totally un-needed (are college kids programming this?)

I don't need a pop-up just to upload (annoying). Takes to much time and resources.

When I post, I type more than three characters, then it tells me I "need another token to play", and I am like "WTH?"

At one time you could upload your Kmz and Kml's in the same uploader with the pics -what give's.

And why is there an "advertisement on every page"? Are you that hard-up for money???

The only question is why weren't some of these features added into private groups (like really make it private so some one can't just mossy up and take a peak?)

And please get those dang treasure boxes -so gaudy- off the middle of the threads (you have done plastered the whole site).

Have you ever heard of the K.I.S.S. motto? (Keep it simple stupid). You don't need to put a ba-zillion features into it.

I think you guys are looking at this from a business and programmers point of view and not a user's <.

Are you logging in, the advertisements are almost non existent when logged in, but if you dont log in you will see a lot of ads.... Ads are for people who are just guests.

On the old Tnet there was a popup telling you you had an im as well.....

What treasure boxes are you talking about...?

Are you aware there is a different skin you can use to view TN, it is located at the bottom left of the home page, you use Tresurenet pro by default, you sellect the regular skin if you want....

Im not experiencing any of the issues your talking about and I am all over this website...

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit I hated this new change over when I first seen it :BangHead: but it does get to grow on you, and you do get used to it, not had any of the problems that outhers are experiencing, and the early glitches seem to be going, or nearly gone as well. I'm using windows 7 8)

SS

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm getting used to the site more as well... since I was the original poster of this thread. But I use the term loosely... and I'm still learning.

At least it's been acknowledged that IE has the 'bug' that's causing the lag in page loading. I won't install any other browser as Chrome has messed up more on my computers than I can imagine, and I won't EVER put that crap on my laptop again. Firefox is something my wife uses on her computer, and I hate that crap just like Chrome. It's a paranoid browser that wants to double check and triple check popups and it's confusing as all Hell when connecting various external devices. I'll stick to my IE. It's served me well, just like it has for millions of other people.

Right now, for me, the biggest complaint is this:

Annoyed.jpg

It may not be much to some people, but to see this annoying BS is really getting on my nerves. My second complaint.... while has been like this even with the old website.... is the fact that the "Beach and Shallow Water" section is a full 1/4 of the page down the "Forum" page. Why is such a main staple like beach hunting playing 5th and 6th fiddle to other headings such as "Treasure Hunting Legal Issues", "My Daily Snapshot", and "Garage Sale Finds"?
Don't get me wrong... those are great topics, but when it comes to a popularity issue, I would rather be able to get to the most widely viewed topics at the top of the Forum page instead of scrolling down to the 29th topic..... but Hey.... that's just me.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. the "new" new site is great. It is only a skin on the new site but everything is almost back to the way it was. It turns out my monitor resolution was too low. But it had to be that way for me to be able to see my "work" programs. They built a skin to simulate the old forum. I like it !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting used to the site more as well... since I was the original poster of this thread. But I use the term loosely... and I'm still learning.

At least it's been acknowledged that IE has the 'bug' that's causing the lag in page loading. I won't install any other browser as Chrome has messed up more on my computers than I can imagine, and I won't EVER put that crap on my laptop again. Firefox is something my wife uses on her computer, and I hate that crap just like Chrome. It's a paranoid browser that wants to double check and triple check popups and it's confusing as all Hell when connecting various external devices. I'll stick to my IE. It's served me well, just like it has for millions of other people.

Right now, for me, the biggest complaint is this:

Annoyed.jpg

It may not be much to some people, but to see this annoying BS is really getting on my nerves. My second complaint.... while has been like this even with the old website.... is the fact that the "Beach and Shallow Water" section is a full 1/4 of the page down the "Forum" page. Why is such a main staple like beach hunting playing 5th and 6th fiddle to other headings such as "Treasure Hunting Legal Issues", "My Daily Snapshot", and "Garage Sale Finds"?
Don't get me wrong... those are great topics, but when it comes to a popularity issue, I would rather be able to get to the most widely viewed topics at the top of the Forum page instead of scrolling down to the 29th topic..... but Hey.... that's just me.

Bobby,

I ignore the ad banner so it doesnt bother me at all................On the old forum Beach and Shallow Water was way down the forum page as well, it was just below the forum for "Brands" just like it is now...

For what ever reason I dont seem to have the problem with IE that some complain about, my pages seem to load fast...

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go with the crying again

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know about you, but I damn sure don't click on those annoying google ads that are at the top of EVERY friggin screen, and if people do click on them, I'm fairly certain that it was a fat-finger on a mouse.

And now there's ads in between posts on a thread.... and guess what.... I don't click on those either. It just takes up space, isn't relevant to the topic, and just makes the website look all greedy. Damn... I paid for this membership, and I've donated hundreds more because I liked the site the way it was. Instead now, I have to endure constant bombardment from irrevelant ads.

Just a thought for the owners. Maybe you could set the site up when a Charter Member signs in it is add free for them. Not sure if that is doable or not..just a suggestion...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BP,

I have prensented your idea to the admins I will update you when i hear something.....

Last edited:

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
It took me awhile to "uploads the downroads", and reales are slow, sooo geeky I'm detectin' in the rain as I am almost water proof now at 200 feet!

Last edited:

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Chat live with Dominican beauties as gold reaches 10000 an ounce, and Isreal nukes Iran to start W's WW III.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread