sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Could it be possible to change the word limit from 3 words to 2? Sometimes, the post may be a response to a question (it could be "no").

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site improved a great deal, but it still has quite a few flaws THAT NEED ATTENTION! MOSTLY from previous posts, PRIOR to the change over, many links POSTED in threads worked, NOW THEY DON'T, BECAUSE THEY SEEM BROKEN!

The other part of this "NEW FORUM" (THAT REALLY SUCKS!) is when people post photos, and when you click on their photos, YOU CAN NOT ENLARGE THEM LIKE BEFORE TO LOOK INTO FOR BETTER DETAIL. OH, LETS NOT FORGET IF SOMEONE POSTS A PICTURE OF SOMETHING IN WRITTING, OR PRINT, THERE IS NO WAY OF ENLARGEMENT TO READ WHAT IS POSTED, UNLESS YOU HAVE A MAGNAFYING GLASS TO HOLD TO YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN!

No I WASN'T YELLING, I was making a point on the subject!

Would be good if the ONWER fixed these issues!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harley, you have some good points, you can also save a picture to your desktop and then enlarge it.....

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harley, you have some good points, you can also save a picture to your desktop and then enlarge it.....

Yeah that could be done, but sometimes when people talk about subjects and post pics, sometimes people like me just like to enlarge, see them and see detail of what others are talking about wihtout downloading or saving the file.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of the photos that are posted will enlarge, I don't know what you mean? Some don't enlarge as much as others but I believe that's because of the file size itself, not anything to do with this site. Here is an example of what i'm talking about, large photos - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/297149-saturdays-loot.html click any one of the photos 3 times. I think it depends on how you upload them to the post also. "Attachments" versus "insert image"

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting used to the site more as well... since I was the original poster of this thread. But I use the term loosely... and I'm still learning.

At least it's been acknowledged that IE has the 'bug' that's causing the lag in page loading. I won't install any other browser as Chrome has messed up more on my computers than I can imagine, and I won't EVER put that crap on my laptop again. Firefox is something my wife uses on her computer, and I hate that crap just like Chrome. It's a paranoid browser that wants to double check and triple check popups and it's confusing as all Hell when connecting various external devices. I'll stick to my IE. It's served me well, just like it has for millions of other people.

Right now, for me, the biggest complaint is this:

Annoyed.jpg

It may not be much to some people, but to see this annoying BS is really getting on my nerves. My second complaint.... while has been like this even with the old website.... is the fact that the "Beach and Shallow Water" section is a full 1/4 of the page down the "Forum" page. Why is such a main staple like beach hunting playing 5th and 6th fiddle to other headings such as "Treasure Hunting Legal Issues", "My Daily Snapshot", and "Garage Sale Finds"?
Don't get me wrong... those are great topics, but when it comes to a popularity issue, I would rather be able to get to the most widely viewed topics at the top of the Forum page instead of scrolling down to the 29th topic..... but Hey.... that's just me.

I don't know what settings you have your browser set at but I have yet to see the first ad on mine using IE7. Look-

tnet.JPG

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also liked the old site navagation, it was so easy to find GARAGE SALE, Points, FIND OF THE DAY, etc.. But It looks like we will just have to get use to this one. After all it still is the best TR site on the net!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also liked the old site navagation, it was so easy to find GARAGE SALE, Points, FIND OF THE DAY, etc.. But It looks like we will just have to get use to this one. After all it still is the best TR site on the net!
Still easy to find, none of that has changed really, some of the sub boards have been shuffled a little but nothing drastic. Just click on forum and scroll- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of the photos that are posted will enlarge, I don't know what you mean? Some don't enlarge as much as others but I believe that's because of the file size itself, not anything to do with this site. Here is an example of what i'm talking about, large photos - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/297149-saturdays-loot.html click any one of the photos 3 times. I think it depends on how you upload them to the post also. "Attachments" versus "insert image"

When you click on the photo it will enlarge to 1 size and that is it. Before when you clicked on the photo it enlarged and you could use your mouse and zoom in and the picture would get larger and you could move the pic around and look at specific areas of the photo and zoom in some more! Many members here who did this to all the photos they clicked on can verify this. You can't do this with the new set up.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is true, use to be able to do that, you can still do that now if you want, you just save it to your desktop to look, then delete it when your done....I will talk to the admins about it to see if it is possible to make it that way again, but if it can't be done, it is still possible to do, you just do it a different way is all....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you click on the photo it will enlarge to 1 size and that is it. Before when you clicked on the photo it enlarged and you could use your mouse and zoom in and the picture would get larger and you could move the pic around and look at specific areas of the photo and zoom in some more! Many members here who did this to all the photos they clicked on can verify this. You can't do this with the new set up.
Okay, now I remember and understand what you mean. Wow, my memory must be going already.:thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harley, have you clicked on a picture in a thread, the attachemnt then opens, then click on it again, it opens full screen, that picture can then be magnified using your screen magnification....... I can magnify a picture 400% this way....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harley, have you clicked on a picture in a thread, the attachemnt then opens, then click on it again, it opens full screen, that picture can then be magnified using your screen magnification....... I can magnify a picture 400% this way....
That's what I do but certain photos you can't click on, I thought it had to do with the way they attached them versus inserting them but that's not the case since I jus did this photo both ways and there was no difference. Maybe it has to do with the size of the image itself. The old site had a very limited maximum size allotment for attachments compared to the new site I notice.

sterling.jpg

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, that works great! As Diggummup said, some photos you can't click on.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harley, although it may be a bit of a pain, I use lunaPic.com

The good thing is you can enlarge, crop, add animation, and plenty of other things all for FREE :thumbsup:

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm getting used to the site more as well... since I was the original poster of this thread. But I use the term loosely... and I'm still learning.

At least it's been acknowledged that IE has the 'bug' that's causing the lag in page loading. I won't install any other browser as Chrome has messed up more on my computers than I can imagine, and I won't EVER put that crap on my laptop again. Firefox is something my wife uses on her computer, and I hate that crap just like Chrome. It's a paranoid browser that wants to double check and triple check popups and it's confusing as all Hell when connecting various external devices. I'll stick to my IE. It's served me well, just like it has for millions of other people.

Right now, for me, the biggest complaint is this:

Annoyed.jpg

It may not be much to some people, but to see this annoying BS is really getting on my nerves. My second complaint.... while has been like this even with the old website.... is the fact that the "Beach and Shallow Water" section is a full 1/4 of the page down the "Forum" page. Why is such a main staple like beach hunting playing 5th and 6th fiddle to other headings such as "Treasure Hunting Legal Issues", "My Daily Snapshot", and "Garage Sale Finds"?
Don't get me wrong... those are great topics, but when it comes to a popularity issue, I would rather be able to get to the most widely viewed topics at the top of the Forum page instead of scrolling down to the 29th topic..... but Hey.... that's just me.
In the area you have circled in red in bottom right is adchoices. Click on that and it says you can opt out. I haven't tried it yet so let us know if it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread