The "New" Thrift Store Forum. Did You Know?

Did You Know?

• yes

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • no

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is basically a "canned response". It does not take into consideration the numerous complaints that the regular posters who use these forums daily have been making.

AGAIN...
1. The way the forums are currently organized do not make a lick of sense.
2. Diggum was pointing out that in addition to the thrift stores forum being improperly organized, it was also not advertised and clearly most of the regular posters here did not even know it existed.
3. I had brought this up months ago when I first noticed the TS section but for some reason, my thread was deleted.

The forums are what people ask for. When t-net gets a lot of request they end up adding the place people want. Everyone wants everything to be equal or advertised equally with every other forum. These sub forums get added at your alls request. I think we would run out if room with out sub forums.

Maybe we are like a thrift store and a garage sell sometimes with things getting added all the time. You just have to find it. Maybe administrators will re write the code and get it all in order one day for you all so you can find it, and we can request that also. I know its here because I read them. If you have not found it yet maybe this post will help you find it.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone exploring TreasureNet that goes to the "Treasure Hunting " forum will see the sub forums "Thrift Stores" as well as "Garage Sales".

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The forums are what people ask for. When t-net gets a lot of request they end up adding the place people want. Everyone wants everything to be equal or advertised equally with every other forum. These sub forums get added at your alls request. I think we would run out if room with out sub forums.
So where is the thread requesting a thrift store forum because when I wanted to get the eBay forum started up, I started a thread about it, the members voiced their opinion, before long we had one. Same goes for the garage sale forum for that matter.
Thrift Store forum is not improperly organized, it is a sub forum of the Treasure Hunting Forum just as the Garbage Sale forum is sub forum of Treasure Hunting Forum....
The "numerous complaints" you speak of are from the same few members...
I'd venture to say those "same few members" are some of the most dedicated to this site. Why don't we let the ebay sub sub forum (that's 2 subs) become a sub forum (that's 1 sub) of the treasure hunting forum. It's grown since it was conceived last year. I think it's big enough to walk on it's own now, no?

BTW- The percentage of members that didn't know the forum existed looks to be growing. I had a suspicion that not too many regulars surf this forum in the conventional manner (from the main forum page) on a regular basis. You know who does that? Newbies.

Anyway, If a brand new "thrift stores" rates a stand alone sub then in my opinion so does "All Things eBay" and I don't even know where dumpster diving belongs but not where it's at.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can move EBay and dumpster diving to be a sub forums of Treasure Hunting forum like garage sales and thrift stores.

How many of the no votes in poll were actually members who did know but voted no.... Polls tell very little.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can move EBay and dumpster diving to be a sub forums of Treasure Hunting forum like garage sales and thrift stores.

How many of the no votes in poll were actually members who did know but voted no.... Polls tell very little.
The first part of your reply sounds good. I don't know about the second part though. Why would they lie? Especially if the "numerous complaints" came from the "same few members"? Not to mention, accusations of lying are against forum policy, aren't they? I know you didn't actually say it but the insinuation of such is there in black and white.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first part of your reply sounds good. I don't know about the second part though. Why would they lie? Especially if the "numerous complaints" came from the "same few members"? Not to mention, accusations of lying are against forum policy, aren't they? I know you didn't actually say it but the insinuation of such is there in black and white.
I asked a question about anonymous polls, how do you know the respondents tell the truth? I didn't call any member a liar.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the ebay forum and dumpster diving forum have been moved under "treasure hunting". This is a step in the right direction. I would like to personally thank whoever is responsible. Thanks!

However, even though I am "beating a dead horse", I would still like to formally request that the thrift stores forum be merged with the garage sales forum. Please?

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the ebay forum and dumpster diving forum have been moved under "treasure hunting". This is a step in the right direction. I would like to personally thank whoever is responsible. Thanks!

However, even though I am "beating a dead horse", I would still like to formally request that the thrift stores forum be merged with the garage sales forum. Please?

I think some of the people who use to post here frequently now post of facebook groups because the get a response there faster.

If I made an orginal post today and it was gone off the first page of the forum tomorrow then I think splitting the forums would be a good idea.

As it is now if I make a post today its probably still on the first page ten days later. I think it devalues the board to split it as it is already fairly slow moving. I'm glad there are new members every month but the number of people taking the time to upload photos and contribute new posts appears steady from user perspective. Those people contributing content are really what drives people to the specific forum. I think the forum is pretty easy to search either way.

I mean this in the nicest possible way because I really like the forums but its hard to contribute opinions without it sounding like beating a dead horse.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on how you set your settings, you can set page settings between 5 and 50 per page.

As far as Facebook pages on metal detecting I have been on quite a few, if your looking for expertise on metal detecting and identifying a find good look there on 98% of them, if someone is lookin for "at-a-boys" with lots of likes then Facebook is the place. Likes and "at-a-boys" on Facebook mean nothing to me.. Way, way too much spam there too even with the admins..

Only Facebook page I frequent is a vendors....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions