The Northern Spotted Owl has been listed under the California Endangered Species Act

bigAUdog

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Detector(s) used
ML GPZ 7000; Gold Hog Highbanker; Keene 5 Inch Dredge; And much much more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guys the enviro-nuts are NOT going to allow us to even look at the woods or water in the future. Just more BS coming out of Cali that will/does impact all mining activity.

SACRAMENTO, CALIF.
Wildlife officials say the northern spotted owl has been listed under the California Endangered Species Act.

The state's Fish and Game Commission voted unanimously on Friday to add the threatened bird to the list, ending a four-year process by the Environmental Protection Information Center, or EPIC. AP

Read more here: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list | The Sacramento Bee

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigAUdog

bigAUdog

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been warned by the powers above to be more cordial or politically correct in my discussions...if not, I will be banished from this sight. Wow it seems BANNING things are en vogue nowadays - just playing moderator. I get it.

OP
OP
bigAUdog

bigAUdog

Greenie
Aug 22, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well don't bite your lip too hard then...

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I picked a hell of a time to write my new cook book "100 Recipes for Northern spotted Owl?" Now what am I going to do?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been warned by the powers above to be more cordial or politically correct in my discussions...if not, I will be banished from this sight. Wow it seems BANNING things are en vogue nowadays - just playing moderator. I get it.

Our rules are en vogue and we are a family friendly forum... Just a FYI, substituting characters or spaces for some letters to language censor still violates our rules......

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The impacts of the spotted owl (over the last 26 years) has already devastated many rural communities in California. Not sure what additional impact this listing will have.

I highly doubt any of the impacts to our communities are felt or even noticed in Portland and San Fransisco.
It's just another tool in their bag of tricks.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some may believe life would be so much better with more owls, wolves and grizzly bears, but I think not. Just my opinion in a nutshell. btw, I live in rural Oregon and listen and see Barred owls in my yard and hear their calls to each other from a half mile away, but no spotted owls. They would not make it here because of the aggressive nature of the barred owl as witnessed by my observations. So the spotted owl endangered designation is a great tool for extreme enviros to use to get a foothold on TAKING.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread