The number 9

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not totally sure where to put this thread...so if it needs moving, feel free to do so.

I've been looking at the Forrest Fenn cache and after reading a ton about it, the number 9 comes up more frequently than I would expect it to.

Forrest is well versed in Old West treasure lore of various genres.

My question is (I guess) is there a significance to the number 9 in any of the treasure tales in and around the Southwest? Inca, KGC, Miners, Natives, Spanish? Anyone, really?

The number 9 is a KGC symbol. 3 is the KGC's favorite number and 9 is the perfect division of 3. Sometimes they would carve a 9 with a crooked tail which pointed to something. It could also mean 33.3 degrees. It could mean many things depending on what the particular scenario was.

This might help, but most likely will not.

Context is king.

Every message is tailored to an audience.

Simple man, educated man.

generation specific.

eternal truths.

Inca: no special relation to the number nine.
Miners: same
Native: same
Spanish: don't know any.
KGC: mentioned in previous post.

This might help, but most likely will not.

Context is king.

Every message is tailored to an audience.

Simple man, educated man.

generation specific.

eternal truths.

Inca: no special relation to the number nine.
Miners: same
Native: same
Spanish: don't know any.
KGC: mentioned in previous post.
In an odd way, it helps, although I was hoping for a glaringly obvious solution. 8-)

I don't think that you will find very much in this area that is glaringly obvious. That's why it's called "CODE".

I don't think that you will find very much in this area that is glaringly obvious. That's why it's called "CODE".
Heh. Good point.

What's the story on the Forest Fenn Cache? I googled it and found an article about some Clovis points. Are you looking for the place he found the points or is the cache something else?

Google forrest fenn poem. Happy hunting. ;)

In an odd way, it helps, although I was hoping for a glaringly obvious solution. 8-)

Glaringly obvious solutions are not handed out around here, but a lot of bs with a dash of truth...is.

I've noticed. :)

I'm not totally sure where to put this thread...so if it needs moving, feel free to do so.

I've been looking at the Forrest Fenn cache and after reading a ton about it, the number 9 comes up more frequently than I would expect it to.

My question is (I guess) is there a significance to the number 9 in any of the treasure tales in and around the Southwest? Inca, KGC, Miners, Natives, Spanish? Anyone, really?

If you think the number 9 is important and might be something to look for in the field, first you have to find a starting point. Sounds like you enjoy the research so you would have to find out as much as you can about this man. You have to find out where he likes to spend his liesure time because if there is a stash it will probably be at a place he is familiar with. You will have to find out if he was physically capable of hiking a long distance and then hiking back. He probably set the site up before he took the stash to to it. Is there evidence that he put clues in the field such as markers or carvings. I suppose if he were going to use a 9 as a marker in the field, he would put them by each landmark he describes. If the 9's are a part of the clues to get you to the starting place, then you might have a tough row to hoe trying to figure it out. Just my opinion and that with a quarter will get you 50 minutes on a parking meter.

Here's an excerpt,
NINE (This word also connotes the serpent, as does the shape of the number.)

Here's the link. APPENDIX VII - Serpent Symbolism...

I am new to all of this but was wondering if someone could help understand the markings on a rock my friend found hunting. The bottom right is part of an old triangle or the number 7. Above it is a turkey track. And the largest carving on top looks like a turkey track with one of the toes not attached or possibly a topographical reference. Any input from those wiser than I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMG950045.jpg

"Number 9, Number 9......." wasn't that in a Beatle song?
Or maybe I am thinking of the TV series......
[h=3]patrick mcgoohan in the prisoner......cool tv show.....we may be getting closer to that![/h]

Glad you posed this question. Crossed my mind as well. No connection to the Southwest, cultural ties or mining I've been able to find. It does coincide with the trail mile number leading to "the site" though. I'll let you now if my hunch is correct in 6 or 7 months after the snow melts.

The number 9 is a KGC symbol. 3 is the KGC's favorite number and 9 is the perfect division of 3. Sometimes they would carve a 9 with a crooked tail which pointed to something. It could also mean 33.3 degrees. It could mean many things depending on what the particular scenario was.
I agree Dixiegal, I believe the number 3 was the most important number for the Spanish and probably with the KGC. 3 is the number of God, The Trinity, 3 days in the tomb, 33 years old when Christ was Crucified many instances of 3's. Plus the 3 numbers found used to find the Book, Chapter, Verse in the Bible to find the Codes for direction, depths, and what to look for at the next sign.
And I hope to someday prove to myself the theory, that the closest sign to finding the "dig here sign" is 3-3-3,,, "the watchman has found me",,, HA! Peace and Truth,,, td

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back