litefire56
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Brett's younger brother Tim (pulltab blues) is in town to visit, so I took him over to a nearby farmsite.
This is the same place that Brett dug a nice Walker.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,251413.0.html
I started off at the same area that produced a Merc for me on Fathers day. Spent a good half hour scouring this small area and digging anything that made a peep with positive VDI's, but couldn't manage even a wheatie. I moved around to the field area and was just happy digging relics, as it was so nice out. Our time there was limited and I knew we had to leave soon so I gave the first spot another try. I decided to hunt in pinpoint mode (no tone ID) and just look for deep targets. I found a slight hum about 1' from my old Merc plug and flipped the DFX over into Discrm. for a tone. I barely got a decent peep every now and then, but was showing high numbers bouncing around. Just then Tim yells out to me that he just dug an old Nickel, so I stick the Lesche in to mark it and run over to check his Nickel which he's now claiming is a '42. After some high fives, as this was his first silver nik, I joked that I had to go dig my silver dime now. I let Tim scan the target and he said he could barely hear anything. From 9" came my deepest dime yet, a '35 Merc.
After more high fives, cursing and calling Brett, I was going to cover the hole and leave for home. I went to probe the hole and heard a slight hum to to side of the bottom. Flicked the probe back to tone ID and nothing, not a peep. I went to pop out a nice clump from the side and out came another Merc. I could hardly believe it as I've been over this area at least 50 times in all directions.
Just goes to show that when you find a spot that produces, slow way down and dig all the iffys.
Thanks for looking and HH!
This is the same place that Brett dug a nice Walker.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,251413.0.html
I started off at the same area that produced a Merc for me on Fathers day. Spent a good half hour scouring this small area and digging anything that made a peep with positive VDI's, but couldn't manage even a wheatie. I moved around to the field area and was just happy digging relics, as it was so nice out. Our time there was limited and I knew we had to leave soon so I gave the first spot another try. I decided to hunt in pinpoint mode (no tone ID) and just look for deep targets. I found a slight hum about 1' from my old Merc plug and flipped the DFX over into Discrm. for a tone. I barely got a decent peep every now and then, but was showing high numbers bouncing around. Just then Tim yells out to me that he just dug an old Nickel, so I stick the Lesche in to mark it and run over to check his Nickel which he's now claiming is a '42. After some high fives, as this was his first silver nik, I joked that I had to go dig my silver dime now. I let Tim scan the target and he said he could barely hear anything. From 9" came my deepest dime yet, a '35 Merc.
After more high fives, cursing and calling Brett, I was going to cover the hole and leave for home. I went to probe the hole and heard a slight hum to to side of the bottom. Flicked the probe back to tone ID and nothing, not a peep. I went to pop out a nice clump from the side and out came another Merc. I could hardly believe it as I've been over this area at least 50 times in all directions.
Just goes to show that when you find a spot that produces, slow way down and dig all the iffys.
Thanks for looking and HH!
Also got my first Kirks free cake token today. The best part of today's hunt was watching Brett dig the largest cool relic I've ever seen come from the dirt. Hopefully he'll post it.







