the old fisher 1225x is a dam good machine!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to some places where ive hunted over and over and just recently hunted with a guy that had an etrac and he did'nt get it all either got some old wheat cents in a place where i really thought be hunted out but the 1225 sniffed out about two 5 to 6" deep but i did dig a couple of deep square nails to boot but i'm quickly gaining on the disc sounds of iron, just absolutley love the audio tone on the 1200 series machines, the machine surprised me on what it would do!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with the 1225 as it only lacks some features the more costly detectors have. More than likely the Etrac missed the coins because of poor sweeps or not over lapping enough. Though I have a couple saw dust piles in the old parks that I still hit and they continue to give up Indian heads and wheaties even though I have crossed the saw dust piles from all directions. I don't know how it happens but it is almost like someone is planting them when my back it turned. :coffee2:

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the old sayin is true " that if your coil aint over it then you ain't going to find it" but never the less i really like low frequency for hunting coins 5.5khz seems to be the ticket now i just got to get my 1270 back and a 5" coil and we'll ready for the homesteads!

John Tanner

Sep 30, 2010
I always find stuff in spots I thought were hunted out. Sometimes I think its the moon or moisture in the ground but its probably just zigging when I zagged the last time.

JT

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this might sound crazy but i wonder in maine soil where it gets real cold up here if the frost actually pushes coins upward?

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a firm believer that if you bring a different detector back you will always find something else.
The ground changes from the weather pushing coins around and a different detector helps because each one is different in the way the electronics and coils work.
So if someone tells you a place is hunted out just laugh.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know it i've been workin this place for the last 4 years and the fishers have scored well

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The older Fishers were great detectors. They were a little on the heavy side but they were built like tanks. Owned a 1266X and it made many great finds with the dual discrimination controls. My main unit now is the CZ5 which I have had for 10 years and hope it will last for many more. Don't know what the new Fishers are like but sometimes I do wonder how they measure up to the older machines.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still own a 1225x, it is my competition detector due to the freq shifter it has...............

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And the newer 12xx series is even better ....

Just my opinion ...

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a 1266 user for close to two decades now. I swear by them. All of the old machines, with the exception of perhaps the 1210, were real winners. Even liked the 1280 Aquanaut. 8)

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread