etdigger

Greenie
Dec 19, 2014
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-trac GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been searching this old basement for a couple of years now, with my E-Trac, Nox 800, and Deus one, with some impressive finds over them two years. This place has always been a bar or saloon and gambling den since the building was built back in the early 1890s but never thought I would find a hoard of tokens. They were all in the five-cent size 21 mm they must come out of the nickel slot machines, proprietors must have buried them to keep them from going back into the slot machines. I'm very impressed with Deus II to hear a larger cluster of coins with all the iron, slag, and coal that is all through that basement. Where all the other machines have failed to hear that larger amount of tokens, where I had swung over and over in that same place many times with three different machines. It rang in at a solid 80 on the VID. Once out of the hole tokens they were slamming at 87 on the VID. What impressed with is how Deus 2 is so solid on the targets. I only had Deus II for two days now and there is no unfrozen ground here in S.E. Idaho for a least twenty more days so I'm spending time where I can hunt. I spent more time digging coins out of that hole than swinging the detector today, a lot of sifting with a cheap plastic colander.LOL Deus II is going to sure to take me back to some old places for another go-around. Found these tokens running with the P1 program. I know this machine will take some time to figure out all the different programs and how they will work for the area that I am detecting. I can't wait to take to the places that the Deus I has brought good luck. HH, my friends.

Attachments

• Token hord 1.jpg
    Token hord 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 393
  • TH2.jpg
    TH2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 201
  • TH3.jpg
    TH3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
  • TH5.jpg
    TH5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
  • TH4.jpg
    TH4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 259
Upvote 35

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might have been an iLLEGAL drinking & gambling joint at one time
& they were hidden from the feds before a suspected raid & were forgotten about after the proprietors were arrested.
Great & very interesting find. Congrats !!!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Partner, that truly is the find of a lifetime. I am dumbfounded trying to find the words to describe the elation I feel, for you, but at the same time I’m gut wrenching envious. I’ll take tokens, over coins, any day. Congratulations, and I hope that basement produces for you, for a long time to come. I vote BANNER!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING finds Thanks for SHARING and Welcome to Treasurenet "_

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread