etdigger

Greenie
Dec 19, 2014
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-trac GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been searching this old basement for a couple of years now, with my E-Trac, Nox 800, and Deus one, with some impressive finds over them two years. This place has always been a bar or saloon and gambling den since the building was built back in the early 1890s but never thought I would find a hoard of tokens. They were all in the five-cent size 21 mm they must come out of the nickel slot machines, proprietors must have buried them to keep them from going back into the slot machines. I'm very impressed with Deus II to hear a larger cluster of coins with all the iron, slag, and coal that is all through that basement. Where all the other machines have failed to hear that larger amount of tokens, where I had swung over and over in that same place many times with three different machines. It rang in at a solid 80 on the VID. Once out of the hole tokens they were slamming at 87 on the VID. What impressed with is how Deus 2 is so solid on the targets. I only had Deus II for two days now and there is no unfrozen ground here in S.E. Idaho for a least twenty more days so I'm spending time where I can hunt. I spent more time digging coins out of that hole than swinging the detector today, a lot of sifting with a cheap plastic colander.LOL Deus II is going to sure to take me back to some old places for another go-around. Found these tokens running with the P1 program. I know this machine will take some time to figure out all the different programs and how they will work for the area that I am detecting. I can't wait to take to the places that the Deus I has brought good luck. HH, my friends.

Attachments

• Token hord 1.jpg
    Token hord 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 393
  • TH2.jpg
    TH2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 201
  • TH3.jpg
    TH3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
  • TH5.jpg
    TH5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
  • TH4.jpg
    TH4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 259
Upvote 35

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been searching this old basement for a couple of years now, with my E-Trac, Nox 800, and Deus one, with some impressive finds over them two years. This place has always been a bar or saloon and gambling den since the building was built back in the early 1890s but never thought I would find a hoard of tokens. They were all in the five-cent size 21 mm they must come out of the nickel slot machines, proprietors must have buried them to keep them from going back into the slot machines. I'm very impressed with Deus II to hear a larger cluster of coins with all the iron, slag, and coal that is all through that basement. Where all the other machines have failed to hear that larger amount of tokens, where I had swung over and over in that same place many times with three different machines. It rang in at a solid 80 on the VID. Once out of the hole tokens they were slamming at 87 on the VID. What impressed with is how Deus 2 is so solid on the targets. I only had Deus II for two days now and there is no unfrozen ground here in S.E. Idaho for a least twenty more days so I'm spending time where I can hunt. I spent more time digging coins out of that hole than swinging the detector today, a lot of sifting with a cheap plastic colander.LOL Deus II is going to sure to take me back to some old places for another go-around. Found these tokens running with the P1 program. I know this machine will take some time to figure out all the different programs and how they will work for the area that I am detecting. I can't wait to take to the places that the Deus I has brought good luck. HH, my friends.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have got your heart pumping. What are the holed ones?

OP
OP
E

etdigger

Greenie
Dec 19, 2014
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-trac GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tokens and # slugs all are 21mm same size as nickel and were used to cheat the slot machines. There are tokens from all over the west and far back as Quincy, Illinois.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome...:icon_thumright:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy, oh boy (sigh). . . THOSE are incredible!
Those have to be worth at least $1 to $5 each to a collector and some a lot more.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the Token Hoard! :occasion14:
Have you done a count on the total number of token or are you still digging?
Certainly a Banner worthy recovery
When time allows a cleaned version of a few would be much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread